DONE: TBF Avenger from VT-8 - Minicraft 1/144 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well guys, just a little progress... I´m working a lot in the last days, and don´t have too much time to modelling.. :(

I leave a model by sometime, so I did the base.

To make the base, I use some cup support (here in Brazil they are sell on craftsman stores, and are so cheap)

DSC01753.jpg

Paited the edges with green/gray

DSC01754.jpg

I print on my laserprinter a template of the Carrier Deck, and glue it to base

DSC01756.jpg

But, the green/gray color was not good (always use on the base edges colors that was not used on base and on model.. I forgot these rule ;) ) so I painted it with brown, and wow, sounds good !

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

With pastels and matt varnish I make the weathering on base

DSC01767.jpg

And finally, a fit test of the model :D

DSC01769.jpg

by now is just this.. soon more updatesl..

Thanks to see :D

tks guys :D :D

Now I started my little pain.. to make the canopy

The frames are so tinny, so its almost impossible to mask and paint then (maybe a Tibetan Monk could make this :D )

So I decided to make some decals to the frame

Started with a plain decal sheet,

DSC01575Small.jpg

Aplied a coat of clear varnish, and after the interior green, to make the interior color frames

DSC01630Small.jpg

After that dries (about 24h) I aplied the navy blue , the exterior color of the frames

DSC01765Small.jpg

DSC01866Small.jpg

With a help of a Gillette blades (that cut much better than a bistouri blade) I make some small strips, with MicroSol, by Microescale I aplied it to the canopy frames

Here is possible to se the color difference between the exterior/interior

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

The job is not finished yet, this is just the start...

Thanks to see !

Incredible work Lucas! I'v used decal strip on 1/48th scale canopies in the past, and that's tricky enough for me!!
Evan, you can obtain clear, white and coloured decal sheets from most of the larger model mail order houses. Hannant's in the UK stock it. There are also clear, and white sheets availble for use with ink jet printers, so that you can print your own decals. Of course, white areas need some thought as, unless you have an 'Alps' printer, you won't be able to print white!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back