DONE: TBF Avenger from VT-8 - Minicraft 1/144 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dude you have got to have some great eye's. My eye's are hurting just looking at it. The size just boggles the mind!!!

This build is a great insight into the world of real minature modelling, that decal method is fantastic, great work Lucas! :thumbleft:

Thanks to all !!!

I´m really glad that my work is good :D. Thanks to all !

Evan, I´ll send an A4 sheet to you try to make you own decals, by the way, like Terry says, the withe color is the problem :(

The work on canopy is almost done, soon I´ll post the pics.

Now I have a really big problem (not too big by the scale :D), when I was applying the decal on wing, it broken it all !

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

I try to save the decal with Microescale products, but with no sucess.

I´m not good on make decals like that, cos I´m a complete newbie on make my own decals,

I need to buy a new one decal sheet, could you help-me to find it guys ?

I try on google, but not find :(

Last edited:
As I promisse, the new pics;...

Well, let´s start to the canopy parts, the part moveble is too tick, so the finish is not good, then I did a new piece from a clear plasticard part, just fit the original piece and with a heat gun, I heat the plasticard en fix on the original piece.

DSC01875Small.jpg

DSC01876Small.jpg

The result was this, left the original, right the piece that I made

DSC01877Small.jpg

This canopy part is on two pieces, so I cut in the middle and apply the decal technique. Note the colors inside and outside the piece.

DSC01885.jpg

Now fixed on the model:

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

By now is just this, thanks to see :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back