DONE: 1/72 Minicraft B-24J Liberator, "The Dragon and His Tail" Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haha, good to have you back on board Treb. It was only $30, you could order it if you want... :)

lol yeah, it has been a while since I posted.

and I know it's only 30 bucks. but I focus on other things such as my flight simulator. enhancing it as much as I possibly can so I can practice flying with a yoke and rudder pedals and such. cos I really am wanting to get my private pilot's license. plus I wanna move outta my parent's house and be more independent, but I'm not a saver, I'm a spender. lol

anyway, nice job, Mag! and y'all know what I'd do once I get that bird! and I'm not gonna use the aluminum color, I'm gonna paint her a niiiice chrome color to get that polished metal look. cos I got a nice biiiig bottle of chrome silver I can use to paint her

Here she is with the primer on. Been doing a bit of sanding as rattle cans sometimes leave rough gunky parts all over the spray job, so been smoothing all that crap off before the aluminum makes it too obvious. Also went ahead and sprayed the 4 nacelles to get them done so I can finish the engine and prop assembly.

Attachments

• DSC_0284.JPG
    DSC_0284.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0286.JPG
    DSC_0286.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_0287.JPG
    DSC_0287.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0288.JPG
    DSC_0288.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 116
:evil: DAMNIT minicraft instructions. You're right sweb....... any suggestions on loosening cement glue?

:evil: DAMNIT minicraft instructions. You're right sweb....... any suggestions on loosening cement glue?

Yep. Use the liquid glue. It will wick into the joint and soften it enough for you to carefully separate the verticals. It will take a little time. Use a small pointed artist brush for applying the glue. They will begin to soften soon enough and you can wobble them while applying glue to break the bond. It evaporates quickly but it's a good exercise to learn. With care they should come apart with little or no damage. While the joints are still soft you can swap them to their proper sides and wick in a little more glue to ensure the joints are wetted throughout.

Nope, fixed them... had to scalpel some dried glue but it worked, just have to sand down the clumps of dried glue and respray some primer and such.

Sprayed the aluminum today. Hit some rough patches with some of the paint not going on well. Will have to go over that tomorrow.

Somewhat of an update here. Been vacant having those 'modeling mood swings' but I was lucky to get the metal on. Not too much to do after this.. landing gear and wheels then decals!

Attachments

• DSC_0305.JPG
    DSC_0305.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0306.JPG
    DSC_0306.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0307.JPG
    DSC_0307.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0309.JPG
    DSC_0309.JPG