DONE: 1/72 Minicraft B-24J Liberator, "The Dragon and His Tail" Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all, if I work long enough today I should be able to get this bird "prime" ready by the next two days. This is good news because i'll make deadline.:lol:

Ordered more Alclad alum, so got time to spare. Filled in the nacelle seams and such. Got everything cut out of the sprue, going to paint the engine and props and tires tomorrow. Then I will clean her up and spray the alclad primer and leave to dry. Then P61 dio!

Thanks, hopefully it goes on nice.. it was iffy with that P47 but I did use tamiya primer..

Thanks Woj, i'm starting to love 1/72 for "bigger planes".. go together nice and dont take up that much space.

Painted up the props / engine / front / rear turrets. I dug up some sperry turret photos to use for the painting as the instructions are vague. Cant get a camera now, will tomorrow. :)

Ok engine and props. The engine instructions said all black, but I brought it up a level with my knowledge of this kind of engine. Props still need the yellow tips..

Attachments

• DSC_0240.JPG
    DSC_0240.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0241.JPG
    DSC_0241.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 124
Hah yeah. I just have to wait for the aluminum to come then I can prime and paint it. Besides the wheels, everything else is finished outside of the bird itself. So once the NMF is on it will be real easy to put together. Which was my plan on such short time.

I started airbrushing the primer and said F this, got out the tamiya surface primer and finished the whole bird in 5 minutes. The aluminum came so I will probably airbrush that on tomorrow. Need to putty the wheel seams then paint that up. Cutting is close!

Mag, I seriously cannot tell you how jealous I am of you for posessing this bird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back