Forum members 'down under' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
No one drinks Fosters in Oz!

That's because it's just coloured dirty water.:p.....:p......:p..Worse than gnats p!**

All ok in this part of the country though it has been bucketing quite a bit. It's a huge country and up north in Brisbane (14 hours drive from here) and a huge area of the surrounding country, they have it real bad.

I posted this under "Australian Floods" but I had one PM about a week ago from Switcha. He is shoveling mud out of his house and lost many precious items but the main thing is that his family is OK for the present

Hi guys, my family and I are safe. We live about 45 minutes South of Brisbane, so our area was spared from major flooding. Many roads in the area have been cut off, though they have been slowly re-opening today.
So far 15 people are dead, many of them young children, and a further 60 odd people still missing. The town of Grantham was basically wiped off the map and now the Capital, Brisbane, is flooded. They are saying somewhere in the order of 19 000 homes and businesses are going to, or have been flood damaged or destroyed. Not good news at all.
I hope the following members can call in -
Spits - from Toowoomba
Emac
HealzDevo
Screaming Eagle
Hopefully Switcha and his family are still OK, and many thanks for your concerns.

It is all okay in Maryborough where I live. Some flooding of certain areas such as our Marina and some bridges. Our main roadway to the city of Hervey Bay is cut. Although we haven't had it as bad as Emerald and Brisbane have. Toowoomba got caught up in a very nasty freak inland tidal wave that took some lives unfortunately.

I've heard nothing from Switcha since last week but between mud, water, electricity, ect he probably has a LOT to deal with.
I am very thankful all of you are as OK as possible in this tragedy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back