*** Group Build #1 WINNERS! ***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First of all, let me thank everyone who participated in the build, and those that encouraged and helped along the way.
I'd particularly like to single out one person, who never seemed to fail to be there with pics, drawings or information, for virtually everyone who entered. So, will you please join me in thanking Paul (Micdrow) for his outstanding efforts in assisting with this Group Build - thanks very much Paul!
So there we have it, the results of the very first ww2 aircraft.net Group Build.
It was extremely difficult to judge the entries, and I have to admit, some models were so close, that even the inclusion of a half a point scoring addition still took things to the wire!
The standard, at all levels, was outstanding, and you should all be proud of the work you have done, not only in producing some extremely nice models, but, at the same time, re-creating a little piece of history in miniature.
Amid the hubbub of the build, the fact might have been missed by the majority of viewers, and participants, that this wasn't just a Group Build of models to a theme, as many others elsewhere have been, but a build where each individual model had a story behind it, often complex, sometimes poignant, and each covered a particular moment in time during the Defence of the Reich between 1942 and the final curtain in May, 1945.
An oustanding effort and a resounding success, thanks to all who participated.
So, now I have to get the 'prizes' out.
Dan will be receiving the print he has chosen as winner of the 'Members Choice' award, and this will be the P47 of James Goodson, 4th FG, USAAF, depicting an action in August 1943, when Goodson went to the aid of his 'Boss', Col. Don Blakeslee, when he was out of ammunition, and bluffed against 3 separate attacks by FW190's!
Dan also receives the vintage 'Frog' 1/72nd scale kit of the Percival Proctor, possibly fairly valuable in collector's terms, though what he'll do with a kit as small in scale as this, heaven knows!
As we had to score in two categories, it's only fair that the winner of the second category receives something, so I'll be sending Jan (Lucky 13) a signed copy of one of my profiles, printed with the aircarft and unit details. This will be a Bf109E4 of JG53 in 1940. Perhaps not quite the right period, but at least it's a Luftwaffe subject, making it almost appropriate.
Thanks once again to all, and I look forward to an even tougher job of judging for the future Group Builds.
Terry.

Congratulations to the Winners, place getters and all other participants in this first Group Build, a big WELL DONE!

...and also a big thankyou to you Paul for your great assistance with information!:D

I had more fun building the FIRST complete model I've done in 30+ years than competing for those wonderful prizes. Even though I didn't win, I still have a great big smile on my face and a 410 taking a position of prestige in my cabinet.

Congrats all!!!

Did anybody tell Paul we have a special icon for his siggy - like the GB icons?

Attachments

• trophy02.png
    trophy02.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 180,385
Last edited:
Maybe we could make special icon for those that help out a lot during a GB, with information etc, but maybe not taking part in building, maybe even a "Rookie of the Year" at the end of the last GB each year? :lol:

Ah! Great Chris! I wasn't going to mention it until confirmed. So Dan, if you're reading this, ignore my PM re the 'award' for Paul - it seems to be sorted! Get it on the siggy!
Thanks again Paul, and all those who also helped with info, photos, advice etc.

Congratulations to the Winners. I'm very proud of seeing the effects of your hard work guys.Well done.:thumbright:

No probs Chris. I meant 'Great! It has been done' , as I'd wondered what had happened to the proposed icon thingy!
Don't know who puts the things where they should be, but maybe you can do it Chris, if you wouldn't mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back