Scariest Movie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
ok guys i want to know what is the scariest movie you guys out ther have seen, my vote would go to 28 days and its sequel 28 weeks later, both because it is a very plausible thing that can happen.
28 Days Later... (2002)
twenty_eight_days_later.jpg

Scariest one I've seen recently is [Rec], which has just been given the Hollywood makeover as Quarantine. I don't get scared easily but this was properly scary, especially the scenes with the night vision :shock:

Other good ones-
The Changeling
The Entity
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Descent
In the Mouth of Madness
Prince of Darkness

The Scariest movie I've ever seen was a horror but wasn't so much scary ,I just couldn't believe how depresseing it was

Can't remeber the title sorry ,it was about a family that took care of a hotel somewhere in the mountains,father ended up going insane and started to try and kill his family.I'm feel depressed even thinking about it

..Never want to see it again

Have to agree that the cinematography in the '28' series really puts you in the zone and does get scary. I can't wait for the third - the last two were meant to be released back to back, but it never happened.

I can't really think of anything I've been scared by since I was little, although a VERY honourable mention goes to 'SUNSHINE'. For a movie that sounds very ho-hum, it takes you places you never saw coming. I mean really, how good can a movie where the sun is dying and a group of elite scientists are sent to "reignite" it with a nuke the size of a city be?

Trust me, everyone MUST see this movie.

The Scariest movie I've ever seen was a horror but wasn't so much scary ,I just couldn't believe how depresseing it was

Can't remeber the title sorry ,it was about a family that took care of a hotel somewhere in the mountains,father ended up going insane and started to try and kill his family.I'm feel depressed even thinking about it

Sounds like "The shinning".
I agree with "The entity" I only recently saw this and it freaked the hell outta me. Other then that I like alot of the older horror films which usually aren't that scary!

"The Shining"?

Agree, young Mr C! I hate horrors and splatter movies! Give me a thriller that messes with your mind any day... Likes of "The Duel" still makes me nervous around dirty and rusty old trucks/articulateds.... "Darkness Falls"(?) is another good and "The Butterfly Effect" is alright too....

Thats it !

Thanks Andy and Rabidalien

That is one movie I wish I never watched

That's an odd one, for me the whole 'hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Johnny' bit has been so overplayed and parodied that it's not scary anymore (like the Psycho shower scene.) Nicholson's overacting does take away from the horror somewhat.

On the other hand, the old woman in the bath is absolutely terrifying! Then there's the bit with the man in a bear suit, ahem, 'servicing' someone - not a scare, but a real freak out

"The Haunting" (1963), No blood, no gore, no demons, no monsters, no homicidal maniacs, nothing supernatural; just atmosphere and suspense.

"The Omen", "The Exorcist", "Silence of the Lambs", "Psycho", "Alien"

And "Jaws". In the summer of 1975, no one, and I mean NO ONE, went in the ocean all summer long.

TO

"The Exorcist" because it hits close to home and was very intelligent. Key scene for me was when the priest is throwing water on Regan and she acts like its burning. It was only tap water. The Devil, being the tricky b*stard he is, knew that and was trying to trick them to go away. Brilliant!

Close second is "The Blair Witch Project". Growing up in the woods, I can tell you the sounds you hear can scare the crap outta ya! Plus I love that its all suspense, no blood and guts. Great stuff. Especially running out of the tent, yelling, "WHAT THE F**K IS THAT!!!!! :)

But when I was a kid it went to Hitchcock's "The Birds". (shiversss!)

Probably Signs or the first two Alien movies. Signs because it is totally psychological and Aliens because, well, what's not terrifying about watching a radar scanner indicate that the bastards are in the room with you and the fact that you still cant see them? (Aliens-the scene where they are in the ceiling and the Marines don't realize it until it is almost too late).

The best scary movies are always the ones that mess with your head and make you ask questions, not the gore-fest horror movies of late.

I agree, TWW89. Thats why I love Alfred Hitchcock. His stuff was always a mind twister. Of course the original "War of the Worlds" still sends chills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back