Septemb-arrgh 19th, 2013.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YO, HO, HO AND A BOTTLE OF....
Dad's Old- Fashioned Root Beer
Dads Old - Fashioned Root Beer
Anyway befur I gets me greatcoat
A pirate walks into a bar. The bartender notices that his parrot can barely stay on his shoulder because the guy has a severe limp. Bartender notes that the wooden legs seems to be securely attached, but finds the problem soon enough - the guy has got a steering wheel shoved down the front of his trousers!
The guy finally makes it up to the bar, and the bartender acknowledges him, saying, "Looks like a pretty uncomfortable arrangement you got there."
"Arrrg! It's drivin' me nuts!" replies the pirate.

*palm to face*

"arrggghhhhh!!!"

Now, now.
There is no reason to Dis-"Stain" our brothers.
I, personally, had not realized the obvious "double entendre" of the "Captain Pugwash" series.
But then again, I am an American, and it was not presented in this country.

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"
"Arrr! What do ye mean?" the pirate replies, "I be fine."
The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."
"Arr, that," drawled the pirate, "We was in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit me leg but the surgeon fixed me up and it be good now."
"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."
"Well," says the pirate, "We was in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and me hand was cut off but the surgeon fixed me up with this hook and it be good now."
"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Well," says the pirate, "One day when we was at sea, a scurvy-dawg bird comes flying over the ship. I looks up, and he shat in me eye."
"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from that!"
"Arrrr," says the pirate, "But I weren't really used to the hook yet."

'Now, now.
There is no reason to Dis-"Stain" our brothers.
I, personally, had not realized the obvious "double entendre" of the "Captain Pugwash" series.
But then again, I am an American, and it was not presented in this country.

Paul, catch the episodes on you tube. The double entendres abound.
You would never get away with making that or the Rupert Bear adventures programmes today.

Nuuuuuman, we didn't send Captain Pugwash and his crew to your colonial televison as the BEEP thought the humour was a bit complicated for you lot :)

ah, nothing like a laugh before a bacon sandwich eh.

:)

Swab My Deck, Wench.
Honk if you like my booty.
Me buried treasure is in me pocket.
Vacation equals Arrrrrr N Arrrrrr
Save thee Bilge rats!
Let's drink grog before the fog.
Shiver me timbers! Me wooden leg has termites.
A friend can betray you, but an enemy will always stay the same.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
If ye can't trust a pirate, ye damn well can't trust a merchant either.
Take what you can, give nothing back.
If ye thinks he be ready to sail a beauty, ye better be willin' to sink with her.
There comes a time in most men's lives where they feel the need to raise the Black Flag.
It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.
The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates.
Even pirates, before they attack another ship, hoist a black flag.
The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.
Dead men don't tell tales.
See you in Davie Jones' Locker.
Ye can swab the poop deck, but ye can't poop on the swab deck.

Yes, unfortunately, John. They tried to make a modern version; even my 4 yo daughter got bored of it.

Back on topic; our pilots are known in the hangar as "pirates", this is because one of our licenced guys used to fly and he's Japanese, so can't say the word "pilot" propery!

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately, John. They tried to make a modern version; even my 4 yo daughter got bored of it.

Back on topic; our pilots are known in the hangar as "pirates", this is because one of our licenced guys used to fly and he's Japanese, so can't say the word "pilot" propery!
In that case Grant, never leave your Pith helmet lying around ......

Absolutely old chap. And one should never leave one's pith helmet lying around. We all know what old Johnnie Foreigner is like for taking the pith ...............

The Empire was built on such noble standards Terrance.
A Pith helmet and the inability to say 'R' properly. That and a gunboat was all we needed :)

G'day guys! Back from internet exile :)

Two pirate jokes from one of my nephews:

-Why do pirates have so much trouble with the alphabet?
-They always get stuck on RRRRR...

-How much did it cost the pirate to buy his hook and peg?
-an arm and a leg...

G'day guys! Back from internet exile :)

Two pirate jokes from one of my nephews:

-Why do pirates have so much trouble with the alphabet?
-They always get stuck on RRRRR...

-How much did it cost the pirate to buy his hook and peg?
-an arm and a leg...

Hey mate, good to see you back. Hope your move went well.
Terrance I have been attempting to keep some sort of order here but, its been an uphill battle :)

John

Hey mate, good to see you back. Hope your move went well.
Terrance I have been attempting to keep some sort of order here but, its been an uphill battle :)

John

...and then the bloody kiwis start coming back out of the woodwork to spoil things eh?! :)

Cheers John, appreciate it mate!
The move was pretty stressful, but we're now settled (more or less), looking for work, and getting myself known in the local art circles. The town itself (Carrick-on-Shannon) is pretty as a picture, nestling on the banks of the Shannon river, as the name suggests.

Will try to look in here as and when I can, though I suspect it will be fairly sporadic for a while yet...

Evan

Work must come first... but, if you fancy a few virtual bacon rashers Evan... you know where we are.
Good luck with your job, and Eire is a beautiful place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back