Unofficial GB for Ships?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just won this on ebay for £26.... :D

revell05901reviewrh_box_zpsa690c3dr.jpg

I think a good way to do it would be to have a single sub-section for un-official group builds and have everyone post their threads under that, the name of the thread beginning with name of the group build and then the description of the build such as: "Ships Un-Official GB - BB-39 USS Arizona 1/426 scale"

As far as a title of a thread is concerned... it should be like for the official GBs. I mean ... 1/400 BB-39 USS Arizona - Unofficial GB for instance. Because we have separate folders for planes, ships, tanks, etc... there is no reason for using a name of a folder in the title. The general rule should be to keep it as short as possible.

Well.....with 500+ (saw that somewhere) pieces, the price per piece should be.....never mind....looks like a halfdecent kit, reading the reviews....and 79.7 cm!....I completely forgot that!!

:shock:

As far as a title of a thread is concerned... it should be like for the official GBs. I mean ... 1/400 BB-39 USS Arizona - Unofficial GB for instance. Because we have separate folders for planes, ships, tanks, etc... there is no reason for using a name of a folder in the title. The general rule should be to keep it as short as possible.

As in '1/144, DD-570 USS Charles Ausburne, Unofficial GB'?

Great. Although the scale is of 1/144 the length of the hull should be about 80cm.

Last edited:
I use to build ships. Have a USS Enterprise in 1/350 scale with all the planes and a 1/350 Bismark.
Recently I am just about finished with a 1/350 USS Missouri (WWII version). I am building it for a friends father who was at Pearl Harbor in 1941 and later was on a a destroyer as part of the Missouri battle group near the end of the war.
I have over 70 pictures of the build. Here are 3 samples. I have about another weekend of work left to do. (40mm guns and the seaplanes)

DSC01256SM.jpg

DSC01234SM.jpg

DSC01243SM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back