What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I let my son drive my car today. The plan was for him to drive to the auto shop to pick up his car, leave my car there, then my daughter would drive me there to pick up my car on the way home from work. A few minutes after he left work, I get a call. "Dad, you're not going to believe this. I just got rear-ended"
He had stopped to allow a bicyclist to cross before proceeding into a roundabout, and got hit by a car that was looking for traffic approaching from the left.
Eight months. I've had the car eight months. Fortunately, my son is ok, and the damage appears repairable. Still, eight f....ing months.
I hate roundabouts!!! Concept is OK, people not knowing to to yield to the vehicle already in the beginning of the roundabout is the issue, People in Minnesota don't seem to get the concept. I can't count the time I've been totally cut off while in a roundabout and the only reason I did not get his as I could just tell the other moron wasn't going to stop.

I think the first rule to teach any new driver is to expect that the guy in the other car is a complete idiot and don't be a complete idiot yourself!!!

I only use my cellphone when I am out of town and for some time now it has displayed the warning that my voicemail inbox was full. I was not concerned about that because I did not even know how to access the voicemail but this morning I decided to figure out how to go clean out that mailbox. My insurance company offers a discount if you install an application on your cellphone that enables them to monitor your driving, and I might want to use that.

Turned out that I had twenty voicemail messages and 18 of them were identical robocalls offering a car warranty, the other two being calls from friends that were OBE long ago.

My insurance company offers a discount if you install an application on your cellphone that enables them to monitor your driving, and I might want to use that.
Look very carefully at the terms and conditions....The couple of times I looked at the one offered to me, they were not only very invasive, but simply a couple of hard stops or sudden movements were enough to kill the discount. Tracking and recording every movement of my vehicle is not high on my list of allowable things.

I only use my cellphone when I am out of town and for some time now it has displayed the warning that my voicemail inbox was full. I was not concerned about that because I did not even know how to access the voicemail but this morning I decided to figure out how to go clean out that mailbox. My insurance company offers a discount if you install an application on your cellphone that enables them to monitor your driving, and I might want to use that.

Turned out that I had twenty voicemail messages and 18 of them were identical robocalls offering a car warranty, the other two being calls from friends that were OBE long ago.
Big Brother watching. No discount is worth it

Pulled up for things that previous chef was allowed to get away with !
A program manager is replaced and he tells the new guy to look at the three envelopes he left in his desk. The new Program Manager opens the envelope numbered "1" and finds a note inside that says: "When you hit your first serious problem blame, me, the previous guy. When you hit the second serious problem open Envelope 2."

So the new PM follows the instructions and found his explanation is accepted.

Then he hits serious problem no. 2. He opens the envelope marked "2" and finds a note that says "Confess and take the blame. Say that you made a mistake and it won't happen again. When you get to third serious problem open Envelope 3."

So the PM takes that approach and finds that it is accepted.

Then the third serious problem arises. He opens Envelope No.3.

Inside he finds a note: "Make out three envelopes."

Last edited:
Passing a Kidney stone....
UGHH! My sympathies! I did that once and months was later informed that the pain that day was due to a stone that was on the ragged edge of being too large to pass. X-rays, ultrasounds and CT scans were made and plans were devised for treatment. But when they went looking for more detailed info to guide the "Giant Spark Plug" treatment they could not find the thing any more, which explained that day I peeded dark yellow. I have been a devoted frequent drinker of combusted Hydrogen ever since!

"Please stay on the line, your call is important to us......" 20 minutes and counting

1667515792811.png

"Please stay on the line, your call is important to us......" 20 minutes and counting

This reminds me of a friend from England who told me the story about sitting on a train in the underground in London in
the seventies when there were al sorts of problems, mainly to do with breakdowns.

One day the whole lot had been broken down halfway to somewhere so he was sitting waiting.
After half an hour a voice came over the speaker system saying "We are sorry for the delay and the service will resume
within the next hour".

A man was sitting in front of him reading the paper and without lowering it said in a typically dry English way
"Never mind the time, give us a fookin' date".

"Please stay on the line, your call is important to us......" 2
Back when I was working at Tinker AFB the procedure was when you had to make along distance call you called the operator and told them the number you wanted to call. They would call you back when they were ready to put the call through. Then you'd often get some company operator on the other end and explain what you needed to know. And then you'd often get routed around until you found the knowledgeable person. And then when you finally got through and were discussing the technical info you required you'd get cut off because you were limited in the number of minutes you could talk. So, when you finally found who you needed to talk to the first thing was to quickly find his actual personal name and number and give him your actual phone number in case you got cut off.

The reverse could occur, too. I called my old outfit over 25 years after I had left there in order to get some info to support a study for NASA. I looked at the organization webpage, made a guess as to which organization as the right one, called the Tinker AFB operator and asked for the number for that office. She had nothing listed for that. So I tried another organization listed on the website and got the same results. Finally I somehow managed to get a helpful Lt Col on the line and with his help found the organization I was looking for. When they picked up the phone I said, "Hi! I used to work there!" The gentleman who answered the phone responded, "Do you want to come back?" When I told him I had a heck of a time finding their phone number and the website info did not resemble the actual organization structure he replied, "I am not surprised. We've been reorganized three times in the past year."

Nope, I don't wanna go back....

Last edited:
Back when I was working at Tinker AFB the procedure was when you had to make along distance call you called the operator and told them the number you wanted to call. They would call you back when they were ready to put the call through. Then you'd often get some company operator on the other end and explain what you needed to know. And then you'd often get routed around until you found the knowledgeable person. And then when you finally got through and were discussing the technical info you required you'd get cut off because you were limited in the number of minutes you could talk. So, when you finally found who you needed to talk to the first thing was to quickly find his actual personal name and number and give him your actual phone number in case you got cut off.

The reverse could occur, too. I called my old outfit over 25 years after I had left there in order to get come info to support a study for NASA. I looked at the organization webpage, made a guess as to which organization as the right one, called the Tinker AFB operator and asked for the number for that office. She had nothing listed for that. So I tried another organization listed on the website and got the same results. Finally I somehow managed to get a helpful Lt Col on the line and with his help found the organization I was looking for. When they picked up the phone I said, "Hi! I used to work there!" The gentleman who answered the phone responded, "Do you want to come back?" When I told him I had a heck of a time finding their phone number and the website info did not resemble the actual organization structure he replied, "I am not surprised. We've been reorganized three times in the past year."

Nope, I don't wanna go back....
When I was in the reserves our unit got reflagged at least once a year. Most of us never caught up with the unit patch changes.

My granddaughter (15) said "papa, your computer would run a lot faster if you got rid of all these cookies". So she proceeded to take it back to DEFAULT SETTINGS, AUGH !!!!! Should have been watching, got distracted by the two younger granddaughters. No Office Programs, Facebook won't let me log in because it doesn't recognize the device. Took it to Best Buy, Geek boys pretty much said sorry. They did put Office back on, but the new one does not let you save cropped images as JPEGs, eliminating most of what I do with history stuff such as old newspaper articles. Spent the last week trying to figure out all the passwords I need. It has taught me to put those on my external hard-drive. My nephew is an IT guy and he says he has an old version of Office that he can put on, NEXT WEEK. So maybe 2 weeks after this happened, I'll be back where I started. Started a new FB page, WOW, getting everything back on there is months worth of work at least. Oh and to top it all off, the computer is SLOWER!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back