WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay...

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely buy one if there was a properly fitting female version. I know, picky, picky..and more expensive. Most T-shirts fit like an average four-person tent. Make a nice sexy little women's T-shirt and I'll be the first in line. :D

Only if we get to see modelling shots! :lol:

I think the shirts would be a good idea 8) If you were meeting someone else at an airshow or another event it would be easy to identify them :D

I got it!

Perfect!!!

Attachments

• ww2shirt.jpg
    ww2shirt.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Maybe a best siggy judged by the Moderators and whoever wins has the siggy on the shirt but says ww2aircraft.net ? Idea

I have a sweatshirt that has outline sketches of various WWII aircraft on it . I mean all over it. It's cool. It says WWII Warbirds on the front. It's a blue sweatshirt with a few clods on it and the only color pic on it is a 3D frontal view of a B-17. If nothing is in the works I could take a pic of it and send it to hear. Could check whoever made the shirt would be willing to do shirts for the site.

Just a suggestion.

I think I already said this. But I think its a good ideal, I dont get here often but its one of my best sites for research, any Ideal on a t shirt I would like so lets get the ball rolling on this. I want too wear it for thanks giving and a tie and drink beer and eat turkey!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!

I think I already said this. But I think its a good ideal, I dont get here often but its one of my best sites for research, any Ideal on a t shirt I would like so lets get the ball rolling on this. I want too wear it for thanks giving and a tie and drink beer and eat turkey!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!

Me too, minus the tie, Thanksgiving, beer and turkey. I can't stand the last two things. ;)
I'd be glad to buy two tees, providing that we manage to come up with a nice all-round-themed design - I know for sure that wearing a t-shirt with a german WW2 plane on it alone will cause me lots of trouble here in Denmark, since we were occupied by the germans back then.
And feelings about that is still running high when the issue is debated.
I can't say I blame my countrymen, though. There's still many people alive, who lost their grandparents or parents to the Gestapo or other german forces, so it's still quite controversial here, and my bet is that it'll also be quite controversial in other countries, depending on the country's situation during WW2, of course.
I think that would be worth considering, when it comes to the design of the t-shirt.

I understand the feelings about different people , but if we don,t put the swastkia on the plane would most people know the differance between the plane types? maybe . but i think since were about ww2 warbirds here then we should stay too are site ,s fourm and thats war birds of ww2 and not the countrys policies during war !!!!!! Turkey and beer make you a sleepy drunk, so you dont have too put up with peskie relatives !!!!!!!!!!

I understand the feelings about different people , but if we don,t put the swastkia on the plane would most people know the differance between the plane types? maybe . but i think since were about ww2 warbirds here then we should stay too are site ,s fourm and thats war birds of ww2 and not the countrys policies during war !!!!!! Turkey and beer make you a sleepy drunk, so you dont have too put up with peskie relatives !!!!!!!!!!

Please get me right: I don't mind that there's a german WW2 plane on the t-shirt, as long as it isn't just that plane alone.
The german planes were definitely a part of WW2 and as such belongs on the shirt in my eyes, but I know for sure that at best, it'll invite a lot of heated debate and arguing, and at worst, invite troublemakers to beat someone up, who wears anything that has any kind of Nazi related symbols on it, if it's a t-shirt with just a german plane on it alone.

My idea is basically to use more aircraft, for example a Spitfire, a Mustang and a Bf-109 together, as those planes are probably some of the most famous of WW2 - or a couple of bombers, yet another example: A Lancaster and a Ju-88 together.

And about the various countries' policies in WW2:
Almost no matter which country you are in, there's bound to be someone who'll have a relative who died or suffered or in other ways were affected by WW2. There's no getting around that.

My point is:
A t-shirt with a german WW2 plane on it as a single motif is bound to arouse feelings, because so many were affected by WW2 - and most of the time it's not the positive kind of feelings.
And that's what I worry a bit about.

I thought there would be alot of different planes on it not just a german one, I would like too see all the types or the popular ones on it , sorry about the mix up on my part , but yea your right no swastikas, people tend too get pissed when they see someone wearing them

I thought there would be alot of different planes on it not just a german one, I would like too see all the types or the popular ones on it , sorry about the mix up on my part , but yea your right no swastikas, people tend too get pissed when they see someone wearing them

's okay, you get the point. ;)
I don't mind at all if there's a swastika on the german plane, that was part of the plane's uniform at the time - as long as there's other planes on the t-shirt as well, like for example a Spitfire, a Mustang, a Bf-109 and a Zero - or something.
I'd love to have a Bf-109 tee, as I think that it was a great fighter aircraft of it's time - but I also know that it would probably get my teeth kicked in wearing it, by some ignorant who can't tell the difference between someone who's historically interested (- me), and the politically extreme right wing. (- not me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back