1/72 Italeri Heinkel HE-III H-6; 2/Kg 28, Mediterranean Sea 1942-1943 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I slid them through and took some CA and dabbed it to one side of the fuselage.. nice little angle and somewhat of a bond. Im bound to break it off also.. :)
I have the same problem, on the last build I must have snapped the nose probe off a half dozen times, last on flicked it into cyberspace, repaired it with a sewing pin and now it stabs me. Your models looking great Maglar.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Looking good Mags

I had a similar issue with the guns in JU 52. The first gun I mounted lasted all of about 10 minutes before it mysteriously vanished into the endless abyss that is the carpet. I decided to hold of placing the guns until the last possible moment.

How do you plan to mask off the window guns when you start your painting?

Here's another question. How did the guns fit through the holes in the windows?

Thanks all, its a warm welcome back to modeling!

@ Dirk.. I have this microsol liquid masking tape which you paint on the window and let dry then peel it off after BUT since I use acrylic and this bird is not a NMF (lacquer based painted for that) I am just going to paint it then toothpick off the paint when its dry. Acrylic paint is very easy to peel away with a little resistance. I will have to mask them off for the gloss cote and such, because that stuff will ruin the windows.

As for the gun, I jammed it through and glued her down!!

Here's some pre-putty shots of just the fuselage coming together. Looks a interesting but time is so short on me!

Attachments

• PICT1081.JPG
    PICT1081.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT1082.JPG
    PICT1082.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 117
  • PICT1083.JPG
    PICT1083.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT1084.JPG
    PICT1084.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 105
Looking pretty good Mag. There's a very easy way to fit those guns so that they won't break off you know..............
Have a bit of lateral thinking time, then if you don't come up with the solution, let me know! Sod, aren't I?!!

Yes , true, so it's too late on this occassion. But, if you need to do it in the future, cut off the barrel(s) just in front of the receiver of each gun, leaving just a stub. Put the barrels in a safe place, then, glue the remainder of the gun into the relevant position as normal. Complete the model, including all paintwork and decals, then glue the barrels in place when you attach all the other delicate bits, such as antenna masts etc.

I might be looking at some modeling this weekend!

Just found my profound love of Boston (the band). Oh how the classics are the best!

They sure are Corey, was drunk the other night listening to some old 70's 80's rock compliations, More Than a Feeling came on. It's a classic!

As for the gun, I jammed it through and glued her down!!

The reason I asked is (Referring back to my JU 52) I drilled the as directed but the gun sights won't fit through the holes. I don't want to make the holes any bigger so I had to trim off the gun sights to make it fit. I was curious if you had the same issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back