Achtung Mosquito!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSCF0002-3.jpg

Is the part #F1 a light, is that why they say to paint it silver?

DSCF0003-1.jpg

...and why is that they say to paint the oiltank #E20 red, when all the pics that I have shows it in the same colour as the landing gear??

Jan I think nobody can pay attention to that.It doesn't matter if it can be red or not.Personaly I suggest painting with silver and then a red-brown wash.

I'm with Wojtek on the oil tank. Tamiya probably got the colour from a preserved machine. As far as I know, the tank would be silver painted, but might have had a reddish brown anti-corrosion coating also. The part F1 is a landing light. They mean paint the INNER face silver, so that it looks like the reflector when viewed through the lens. If you really want it to look like a lamp, attach a piece of kitchen foil, using clear varnish or Johnson's 'Klear' or, if you have it Micro 'Krystal Kleer' or Humbrol 'Clear Fix'.

DSCF0004-1.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

Forgot to paint the blasted thing... :oops: Anyhoo....painted oiltank silver as in ther pics...
Even though this kit comes with the droptanks, they weren't included in the instructions...which of course meant...yep you're correct, I forgot to drill the holes for the @#$*%$#@ things! :oops: After commencing kicking myself in carefully selected parts of the male body, I took another look at the wings, and behold....you could actually faintly see where you're supposed to drill for droptanks and rockets..! Praise The Lord!
Can you tell that I haven't done this for 20+ years? :oops: :lol:

I laugh with you, Lucky. Not at you. I too am having to re-learn how to ride the bike. But you guys have raised the bar so high, that I'm having a hard time teaching this old dog new tricks.

Looking great, buddy.

Thanks fellas....:oops: Will do some more in a day or two.... The x-mas rush start today, and I suspect that we'll work ourselfs down to our bones at work from now on and until after new year...!:(

Maaan....what a nightmare it'll be! Wonder if we'll break our record from last year, 209 ton of booze in a single night!

Every time i TRY and look/read about this thread some how i'm strangley distracted by a very moving 'avatar' and i'm unable to carry on doing any more reading due to those bouncing things.... you see i keep going back to first wordings of your threads !!!!!

:blob7: :greenjumpers: :laughing5: :blob6: :grab: :playingleapfrog: :love4: :physassult: :bounncy: :happy7: :sex: :tongue8:

Coming along nicely Jan. I wouldn't worry about forgetting to drill the holes, as you found, that can easily be rectified. It's when you remove a great chunk to fit a part, then find out too late that it shouldn't have been removed for that particular Mark, when the trouble starts; like a certain expatriate Geordie did on a P38 not very long ago! The bruises from the self-beating are starting to heal now....

DSCF0005-2.jpg

DSCF0008-1.jpg

Felt a bit of an itch when I woke up at about 2am this morning, so I did some more fiddeling with the Mossie....

DSCF0009-5.jpg

Managed to glue the body together not leaving any gaps, which saves me using the filler....too bad that I can't say that when testfitting the wings.
Now she starts to look like the wooden wonder that we all love and some hate...for obvious reasons. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back