Are We Alone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
With all that exist around us, is it naive (right word?), to think that we're the only intelligent life in the universe, especially when so much is way older than us? :)

The Hippocroccofrogs in my town are proof of the existence of alien life forms. As for intelligence - well, in this case, that part was missed out!

If we exist, something somewhere else will exist IMHO, just like before, when 'Europeans' supposedly discoved America in the 1400's, they thought it could be populated by demons, stange peoples with heads inside their chests along with other mythological medievil beastiary inspired beasts.

I think the beautiful complexity of DNA's simplicity that inherant in carbon based lifeforms, which could be described for those whom follow such hidebound things, as God's/Allah's/Enki's/Godess's/Pantheonic Divinities/Pan Galactic.. etc as a 'divine code of ( for) life'; and that its reach and influence is as possible throughout the universe, as it is here on in Earth. A heretical opinion for some..?

And thats without invoking the Law of Enthrapy or the quirky effect of watching (or not) of quantum particle wave function known as Super-position...

Last edited:
Er Yes...Razor.

We are still not entirely sure what lurks at the bottom of our oceans so, to assume that 'we' are the only intelligent lifeform is rather arrogant.

Having said that...how can the human species be considered 'intelligent' when it is the only species to practice genocide and wanton destruction?

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination

--Douglas Adams--

'It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination'

That's weird Marcel...that is eactly what happened to me in Belgium...must be the beer hahaha

If we exist, something somewhere else will exist IMHO, just like before, when 'Europeans' supposedly discoved America in the 1400's, they thought it could be populated by demons, stange peoples with heads inside their chests along with other mythological medievil beastiary inspired beasts.

I think the beautiful complexity of DNA's simplicity that inherant in carbon based lifeforms, which could be described for those whom follow such hidebound things, as God's/Allah's/Enki's/Godess's/Pantheonic Divinities/Pan Galactic.. etc as a 'divine code of ( for) life'; and that its reach and influence is as possible throughout the universe, as it is here on in Earth. A heretical opinion for some..?

And thats without invoking the Law of Enthrapy or the quirky effect of watching (or not) of quantum particle wave function known as Super-position...
What he said!

Cannot say if the thing i saw was piloted or where it came from.
But damn, a 150/200 meters long grey cylinder hoovering 50 feet high, 800 meters away for minutes still ask me some questions. After 2 or 3 minutes, witnessed an "interception" by a plain white, bearing no identification marking, Dolphin Helicopter. the Helico took a perfect collision course toward the cylinder, cylinder then disapearing in a millisecond just before collision, the helico still running at full throttle 10 feet above my house.
Saw the crew.
No military crew,3 civilian dressed bastards watching at me while tickling my chimney and brand new roof.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHAUsaKFXn2A8QG9usv3Sc61Q0gLX9l8DdG1t6DoytyeOazKdS.jpg

I wonder.
I am sure that, give the basic building blocks of life, there must be other planets circling other stars that have developed life.
As many of you know, I spent a great deal of my life as a truckdriver. Many hours on the open road and alot of time to think.
I have seen a couple of things over the years, and I know that, until someone sees the same kind of thing, a skeptic will remain one.
That is fine with me. I don't live or die on other peoples opinions.
But there are a few points that have always bothered me.
1) There is a definite phenomenon happening. There are too many credible witnesses out there to dismiss sightings as the overimagination of some backwoods crackpot. So something is hapening.
2) Why would a civilization that has solved the problem of intersteller space travel bother to make so many "landings" or low level passes? Surely, any such beings could gather enough information with one trip.
3)In the late 1890's there was a wave of sightings of fantastically improbable and aerodynamicaly unsound craft that appeared to whole towns across the USA and the UK. (Possibly others also) By modern compairison we know that these craft could not fly, but to the people of that time, it was what they would expect such a "flying machine" to look like. This disturbs me because it shows a sort of anticipation, or manipulation of our expectations. Note how the sightings changed into the 1950's with "robots" encountered, and up into the 1980's and to this day with the "Greys".
4) If you take a step back from any and all religions, and look at the writings as they are, they show a contact of some sort that is unusual, to say the least. I have studied the belief systems of the ancient Chinese, the First peoples of both North America and South America, the myths of the Europeans, and into Africa and the Mid-east. The same stories surface every where you look. The same stories of "little people" that will play tricks, nasty or nice, surface. The same stories of strangers that ask for "Wheat cakes without salt, and clear water" happen throughout every culture. There must be an element of truth here.
Which brings me to,
5) The winged serpent. This is possibly the weirdest thing that I have found. In all the cultures on this earth there is the remberance of the "flying snake" or the "winged serpent".
The Sumarians left a record of the ones they called the "watchers", the bible also records them, their function was to monitor and guide humans. Their symbol was the winged serpent.
I am not saying that "Ancient Aliens" genetically engineered modern humans. It is possible, I suppose.
I am not saying that everything that religion is, is a result of mis-understood remembered occurences. It is possible, I suppose.
I am not even saying that everything that you know or think that you know may be wrong. I don't know. All I know is that there are some very strange things out there and I have tried to keep an open mind and tried to keep my sanity while doing so.
So, to sum up the question, "Are we alone?", I have to say, "No". But HOW we are not alone is an open question.
As I said, I wonder.

Last edited:
you can only apply observational techniques and conclude from what you see. I agree that the size of the universe makes it likley that life exisats on other planets., but thats not yet been observed.

Despite all the UFO stuff getting about the place since the 1950's no credible evidence as yet exists.

All the hype about the Mars Rovers is about finding evidence of life other than from Earth. if evidence is found, it strengthens the case that intelligent extraterrestial life exists somewhere. If and until that happens, we have no evidence of off world life, let alone intelligent life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back