Avenger II, 857 Squadron, FAA, HMS Indomitable, December 1944, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking very Nice indeed there Terry this should be a great dio.Cheers Kevin

Thanks very much guys. Might have the whole lot finished by the end of the week. Well, the Avenger and most of the bits anyway - converting the figures might take a bit longer!

Thanks Peter. It's 'paper' mounting card, in this case, about 1.5mm thickness, cut into rectangles to simulate the deck plates, then glued down with PVA and but-jointed. I use the same technique for doing 'concrete' or 'tarmac' dispersal areas, as it gives more depth and realism than a painted and 'lined' surface. The card can be textured in various ways, to obtain differing surface effects. I think there's a bit more detail in my Diorama Guide, somewhere here in the Modelling section.

Hi Dan, couldn't check in in Czech (!!) Back home now, so I'll get the Avenger finished off by this weekend, hopefully in its mini-diorama setting, and post pics. I'll also get my finger out and finish off the judging!!

I got alot of Judging left to do as well.... If u could, post up a good shot for the Finished Shots thread, from the 2 o'clock position and Ill get it posted up in that thread....

Also, Im gonna get the Members Choice Poll Thread made up tonight or tomorrow.... Make the Poll run for 10 days again like last time????

Hi Terry. I just went through your entire thread to get some much-needed advice for my Carrier Aircraft Avenger Build. I'm heeding a number of warnings regarding fitting of the turret and think that, with your clear and descriptive text, I should be in decent shape (I think) to tackle this tricky area, which I'm going to start soon. You'll see a couple of "likes" show up from me in you PMs for the pages that I'll refer to again.

My compliments on an excellent build and thanks for patiently explaining issues and fixes in such great, easily understood detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back