**** DONE: 1/32 FW190A-5 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I am back at it. So today I hit the parts that needed to be RLM02 and with the paint I still had in the airbrush I gave some other parts a quick spray as a primer coat. So far this has been a great build. At this point,if yuo are thinking of building one of the versions available,I say go for it. Fit so far is perfect

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 68
I had some problems getting all these areas to fit together just right. You have 4 pieces that have to all come together.As you can see this was a bit of a letdown,but I think a little putty or contacta should fix it up a bit. Any suggestions. I used my daughters Ipad for the pics.I really shows all the problems.I don't think it is a bad as the camera shows

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    409.7 KB · Views: 65
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    6 KB · Views: 72
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 81
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 69
At this point you are probably thinking"Christ,he has really messed it up now". I think after some careful tight sanding,it should look fine,and when 76 is down I am hoping not noticeable. Will just have to wait and see

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    572.1 KB · Views: 66
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 67
Well, is this better? If you look close,it looks like I have holes.But it is smooth

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 56
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 56
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    507.4 KB · Views: 57
You should try to paint brush a light silver coat, it'll let you "see" if the putty has gone on well and if sanding is ok :)

Just make sure to rub off the silver right after (if you are using acrylic paints that is) its a great way to check the lines and see that nothing is noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back