**** DONE: 1/40 Grumman F-14 "Tomcat" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops !! Minor set back....

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2608.JPG
    DSC_2608.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2609.JPG
    DSC_2609.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 64
N4521U said:
Looks like it had a fire in the hole!

Flame out?

No.... Severe case of dropsy. I dropped the model and it landed in a pile of cardboard boxes. BTW, the cardboard boxes are no longer in the garage. They went into the recycle can, and will be picked up in the morning. Damage has been repaired. What's another patch on the model. Eight so far.

evangilder said:
Oops. But WOW, that is really something else, Charles. It's looking great!

Nice seeing you in this thread, Eric...

Charles

charles after seeing how to solve what happened to the spitfire you that's no problem for you, if with Monokote would be just as easy the clean up the area.

Just a question, Would a coat of paint make the skin tougher for when another assembly is glued to it?
I take it that one of the "tail feathers" got knocked off and took some tissue with it.

No, Paul, I hadn't gotten to the left rudder yet. (Still havn't). The tissue only had one coat of my 50/50 mix, and will get five coats. It was pretty fragile. When it fell, it hit the cardboard boxes and the flap edges tore it up. The rudder is attached right over a stringer and the glue permeates through the tissue and almost bonds wood to wood. The joint is pretty sturdy.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back