**** DONE: 1/48 Arado AR 196-A2 - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for calling in again guys. even if it was only to look at the Teddy Bear.
b0227.gif

In the end I decided that the wiring didn't look right, to modern and neat for the time. So today I ripped it out and put in wound clusters of wire and I feel this looks a lot better. Truth be known though, when the cockpit is closed up, none of it is likely to be seen as the side walls tent to canter inwards from bottom to top. For this and another reason Andy, the extinguisher will stay as is, the other reason being that it is hidden behind the radio console.

20140615 a.jpg

Here we have the IP entirely made up from etched parts, so I make no claim for the detail.

20140615 b.jpg

Fopaux for the day was spraying the cockpit parts the wrong colour, I used RLM 62 when I believe I should be using RLM 66. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

It was either RLM02 (early variants) or RLM66 (later planes) methinks. Anyway you are right about the RLM66.

Hello my friend, you do so as long as I can have a great example of the detailed inside and take care of the interior will be very similar to the original and I can take a lot and great informationwelcome

Thanks for looking in folks and the kind words.

Did a test cockpit fit today and you are so right Paul, one the side walls are on it almost as tightly shut as a clam and almost bu**er all can be seen. Such is life.

Cockpit almost done, just need to fiddle with the seat harnesses and move on.

20140618 a.jpg

20140618 b.jpg

20140618 c.jpg

20140618 d.jpg

20140618 e.jpg

Vic, very nicely detailed beautiful work as always. I didn't do anything like the detail work you put in but I very quickly determined that between the center console and the inward fuselage curve almost nothing of the cockpit sides are visable. Even that big red fire extinguisher cannot be seen as it ends up next to the center console

Thanks for looking in folks and the kind words, but I must confess that most of what you saw is all down to the PE detail and yes, when closed up, most is hidden.

Fitted the harnesses today with a lot of cussing and bits pinging all over the place.

Also took a look at the mooring lines on the fuselage, they look good but I feel a little personal tough would look better.

20140619 a.jpg

So I made a couple up for adding later and scraped out the moulded ones.

20140619 b.jpg

Here is the cockpit with walls attached. At the forward end that large gap will be pushed in when the two fuselage halves are joined.

20140619 c.jpg

20140619 d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back