**** DONE: 1/48 Bell P-39 Aircobra - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Username: dneid
Name: Dale
Category: Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer:Eduard
Type: P-39
Aftermarket: None, out of the box build

Call me a glutton for punishment. After reading Red Phoenix Risen, I am on a VVS kick. The Soviets flew the P-39 extensively and seemed to be rather successful with the airframe. So, sign me up for this one as well. Just gotta keep this one and the B-25 separated and the focus on finishing the '25.

GB 20 Announcement.JPG

KitOverall.JPG

Sprue1.JPG

Sprue2.JPG

Sprue3.JPG

Thought I would add a few more shots of the Eduard kit for this group build while I am waiting on decals to set up on the B-25.

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
In service with the Soviets. Forgive the copy and paste and subsequent lack of clarity. It is my mind going, Terry, not yours.
Dale

Last edited:
Yep, those Ruskies found the P-39 to be quite the "can-opener" against the early panzers. (I, II, '35t's and 38t's. As well as soft skinned 250 series half tracks.)

Last edited:
Ok, with the Mitchell finally complete, I cleaned up the bench a bit, organized a few things and pulled the P-39 out. Got some ZCG down and started a few assemblies. Man, those damned T-handles in PE are IMPOSSIBLE to place. Any ideas? Pics to come when I am a tad further along. Unfortunately, the next 3 steps are all PE.... I have a love/hate thing with PE.
Dale

I know it's not P.E. and it's quite large but I have success doing this. Attach a piece of poster or silly putty to a tooth-pick, press the P.E. part into the putty so it just holds, dab some super glue on the part and hold it into position until it dries. Gently pull on the tooth-pick and the stronger join should hold the part. The hard part is figuring out how much pressure is used holding the part to the putty....

006.JPG

Geo

All sound advice, just don't let that little 'Ping' occur and the PE flies off in some unknown direction never to be seen again...damn, I hate it when that happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back