**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109G6 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good reference pics Andy, very clear.

Dale, can't see your pics from above post, you may need to reload them.

Looks good so far.

Hey, A, I know where the fuel line got to - it's run off with the cannon cover! Can you imagine having that thing banging and rattling away between your ankles!? ;)

Looks good so far.

Hey, A, I know where the fuel line got to - it's run off with the cannon cover! Can you imagine having that thing banging and rattling away between your ankles!? ;)

Yeah, no kidding!

On that pic, you can see the fitting where the missing fuel line would be connected:

detail.jpg

And here I thought it was, like, a bathtub drain...

Now I have another thing to take into account when I add details. Thanks, A, I had no idea.

Hey, Guys,
Well, I am about ready to close up the fuse. I am waiting on the reference book just to dbl check things. I have a bit if touch up here and there, but I think I am real close to ready to close her up. Pics below:
Work to date.JPG

I did the dollop of future for the instrument lenses. One still drying. Overall, I like the eduard kit so far. I am going to real curious about seams as I start getting major assemblies together.
IP.JPG

Forgive the dime in the pictures. I am showing a non modeling friend a few shots and wanted something for scale.

Last edited:
Nice 109 cockpit! I like the inclusion of the fuel line in the Eduard kit. I do the coin thing for my non-modeling friends too!

Diggin' it so far. Is that cockpit RLM02?

Diggin' it so far. Is that cockpit RLM02?
Hey, Slam,
Nope, RLM66. I did some washing with a lighened grey and some wearing with some silver. But, the base is RLM66.

Thanks for all the kind words. I do appreciate them. And, thanks for all the help and guidance as well. Man, this is what makes this forum just ROCK!

Last edited:
Hey, Guys,
I got the fuse closed up. Damned nice fit between the halves. Be aware that there are no locating pins on the fuse halves. So, be patient lining the halves up. If you do, you will be rewarded with a very nice fit. I had to add a tiny dollop of putty on the upper seam, but that was due to me going a tad overboard with sanding down the injection "nibs". I can highly recommend the Eduard kit if you can live with horrible inaccuracy issues ;).

I taped the upper and lower wings together and did a test fit of the wing/fuse fit. Not too bad at all. A quick eyeball check of the dihederal indicates no significant issues. However, I do not have a scale drawing to reference. I decided to glue to lower wing on and take the upper wings off as I need to get the wheel well parts installed and there is a bit of an issue at the lower front seam. Nothing too serious, but enough to make me want to get that cleaned up. One thing I really appreciate about the kit is the concave mating area of each control surface. A damned nice touch.

Upper rudder is on after verifying appropriate assembly against the new reference. I will snap a pic of the cover and post it tomorrow night. It is more of a pictorial history of the 109 F/G/K. A nice reference and there are a few shots of Kuhlein's White 7 in it. Horizontal stab is on as well. So far, I am quite pleased with the engineering of the kit. I would be shocked if any of you needed more than a dab of putty in the entire construction. I highly recommend the kit (even with those gross inaccuracies :p ).

Fuse Closed Lower Wing and Rear Stab Lft Front.JPG

Fuse Closed Lower Wing and Rear Stab Lft Rear.JPG

Fuse Closed Lower Wing and Rear Stab Rear.JPG

Next to do: exhaust painting and weathering and installation. Oil cooler assembly and installation and radiators. I think I just might be able to start final finish by the end of the weekend. That is when the progress will slow dramatically. This finish will push my airbrushing skills so, I will be doing a ton of test "squirts" so I can get the finesse this finish will demand. I am looking forward to the challenge. While I have the Vallajo RLM set, I am probably going to stick with Testor MM enamels for this one. My next Luftwaffe bird will be with Vallejos for sure. Or, I just may really up the stress levels and go with the Vallejos. I need to try em a bit first. I know Don really likes em.

Last edited:
Good progress Dale. Are you aware that the 109's had a seam line running right down the center of the rear fuselage both on top and bottom? Make for a good excuse to not have to make it perfectly smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back