**** DONE: 1/48 Douglas SBD-3/4 Dauntless – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks thanks guys, as I said I wanted to do this plane runs out thoroughly ground better than I do and therefore slower to mount, well, even so I have almost what I bring photos of the device and given the Klear and some details that will did.

as you will see I have the chips in the next position in the image plane instructions instead of the salt technique have made ​​the chips with the sponge technique (a technique that works best for cars and car), I gave by matt varnish for a clear reason the glint of metal in these situations but is always seen as much satin and metal planes that are natural if they paint is always dull.

the pics

IMG_2460_zpse48073f0.jpg

IMG_2461_zps482d0f54.jpg

IMG_2462_zps1ca3b4c0.jpg

IMG_2463_zpsa98f0cc1.jpg

IMG_2464_zps0fe88d29.jpg

IMG_2465_zpsf4bd3329.jpg

IMG_2466_zps9cca3124.jpg

IMG_2467_zps80744f85.jpg

IMG_2469_zps4b7bac2c.jpg

a bit of transparent put all parties not going anywhere I put the biggest for the chips better appreciate

IMG_2470_zps53b0c49a.jpg

IMG_2471_zps0a224d8f.jpg

at the bottom in Castilian intrados is said, there has been some effect of leaking fluid but do not want to mess it much lighter or almost nothing, but if you see the slight trace of fluid losses

IMG_2472_zpsbc3e9529.jpg

IMG_2468_zps61bd51f5.jpg

do not know if you noticed in the engine and cockpit effect but also has some rust on rims,.
as I said I wanted to do dim the effect they had no time to get dirty these devices.

Last edited:
thanks fellas,

vic, for this effect is that the chips are cases as in this case small when it comes to making this technique a Japanese (for instance), every time you put the sponge where there already chipped noticeable relief and is not smooth as in the other, also the edges of the paint of one another is quite remarkable, as one can see that the metal is beneath the top color and which has jumped with a ridge, it is seen that the metal is at the same height or above the paint should be above, even if the aspect is very superior in the sponge of the salt.

you know that I'm a little short of time for models but hey I am slowly making him stuff and finally the decals are already in place.

IMG_2476_zps7cc4f02e.jpg

IMG_2475_zpscbd4e1b2.jpg

IMG_2474_zps4d4f76fc.jpg

IMG_2473_zps9bc4ef11.jpg

Well after watching the only image I found the plane I was disappointed really fat, the decals have nothing to do with bringing the model if you look at the wings liveries are different model and see how I solve it.

1280px-SBD-4_RNZAF_Espiritu_Santo_1943.jpg

Decals look great! The picture may have been toward the end of service. I know that the British insignias changed multiple times on their aircraft stationed in the Pacific. If you look at my bird you will notice off colored roundels on the aircraft as that was due to the changing of insignias. :

8019925597_81ba9c8753_b.png

Note the number 373 is painted over the slate grey roundel as well as the giant slate grey roundel on the starboard wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back