**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many projects on the go today so back to this one. I just went through one book and saw that 69% of the inter-cooler exhaust doors were open when the aircraft was on the ground. Was this because that was the position of the doors when the aircraft was shut down or an S.O.P.?

Geo

Doing a test fit of the fuselage halves and we've got this nasty seam...

012.JPG

Normally I would have left it, but with you guys around there would be hell to pay, so out comes my favorite card stock/shim stock...

011.JPG

I like using these plastic wallet calenders. Feel free to call Les, a more useless p*ckerhead you will never meet.

014.JPG

Geo

You had to know there would be a use for a 7 year old calendar.

Tamiya's kit has a separate piece combining the supercharger and waste gate to fill this space so your fix is appropriate.

Looks like you've got everything under control with this one Geo and some nice tips coming in from the guys in the sticks.

Nice work, George.
Old credit cards and little plastic calendars, as well as jelly containers, have long been a favorite source of free plastic for me.
I don't believe that I will call Les. The number is probably out of service anyways.
You are doing some fine work, my compliments!
Maybe ready for an airbrush?

Thanks guys and yes Paul, getting closer to an airbrush. Decided to add hydraulic(?) lines to the wheel wells before painting, the right side needs a bit of fine tuning. I've looked at many photos of the lines and I've seen black, silver and wheel well color. I'll try silver first and if I mess up....wheel well color.

007.JPG

Geo

As I was checking the photo to see if wing pylons were attached(they are) I noticed there was no center line fuel tank. My question, would the associated gear to attach the tank to the fuselage still be there; ie., to wit, vis a vis, re: those two gaping holey rectangles on the bottom of the fuselage?

Geo

Thank you Bill and Igor. Just waiting to put the final coat on before doing the anti-glare panels. Found a photo of the center-line fuel tank attachment points mounted so I can add those parts. On my way to P.G. this a.m. after about 12cm/5inches of snow fell as today is the only day for the next 6 without snow in the forecast. Normally I wouldn't go after a snowfall as Prince George's snow removal service sucks and every idiot who doesn't know how to drive will be out in force.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back