**** DONE: 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 18 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Dr. Gnomey. I sprayed the model with a Krylon© Matte spray bomb and it turned out OK. Awaiting that to dry and I can add all the wee parts and call this done.

Geo

Mystery to me why that coating fogs. Actually, I was wrong in that other post about this. It was the Tamiya GLOSS Clear that failed to dry properly for me.

Yea, was all over the web today and no one has mentioned adverse reactions. I wonder if the labeling is wrong and this is flat base. Anyhoo...the Rata is on her feet, just waiting for the paint to dry on the wheels, paint the windscreen and this puppy is done.

004.JPG
005.JPG

Geo

Rata looks good! Weird about the clear coat mishap. Coincidentally (or not), my Rata also had a weird clear coat reaction that I traced to Silly Putty.

Thank you Wojtek and Dr.Gnomey. The wee beastie is done and just waiting for the touch-ups to dry. I also notice as I was re-sizing the photos that I forgot to paint the wing tip marker lights...

006.JPG
007.JPG

Geo

Congrats on the finish, Geo! Your build seemed a bit tougher than mine, even though they are essentially the same Eduard kit. Must be some variances in QA from kit to kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back