**** DONE: 1/48 SH-3A HS-4 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Didi you airbrush or brush paint the clear green Bill? I brush painted on an Israeli helo and it was streaky. The more I tried to correct it the worse it got. Hung it high on the ceiling. Yours is coming along right smartly.

Geo

Best way to do it George is a light spray, and keep passing over it until you get the shade you want. I should also emphasise that this is the clear green paint.

Thanks you guys....

Vic, I been holding them little things in my big ole sausage fingers and gettin nowheres!
Such a simple solution eh?
Masked the glass this arvo, that's it.
Just bein lay-zee today.

Break is over..... slogging away.
Masked the glass house, and have started gluing. Started the top edge. Looks like a bit of an effort to glue the other mating surfaces. Things have to be bent and forced just a bit. Worst part of this build.

Attachments

• 15 SH-3A HS-4 37 glueing glass.jpg
    15 SH-3A HS-4 37 glueing glass.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 62
Just fitted them now, after masking. One side too narrow so I have added a strrip of styrene to the glass and will trim to fit. Knocked out the starboard side window doing the mask. SH!T and can't really get to it from inside. Don't know yet what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back