**** DONE: 1/72 A-20 Havoc - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And today...............
I smoothed the nose cone. Now.... how do I measure 10 grams of weight?
Could you Really trust a Dealer to give you 10 honest grams????

I added a square stick to the inside of the front 1/2mm in to leave 1/2mm of the fire wall out to locate the nose.
I did add a little panel in front of the main instr panel in the upper left. The seat belts and touched up.
The fusey is together.

I'm almost bl00dy well done!!!!!
Oh, the custom decals!

Fit nose, blend in. Finish off seams. Make the dinghy.

Attachments

• GB19 Dvdsn A-20 8.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 8.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
  • GB19 Dvdsn A-20 8b.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 8b.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 71
Looking good Bill. Any way to do a balance test for the nose weight? I usually dry fit the fuselage, wings nacelles tail etc. with tape and see how it balances on the landing gear point, then set weight on the nose until it comes down. Then add that amount of weight in the nose.

Good stuff so far Bill. I do a similar thing to Glenn, adding the wings, dry fitted, then balance the wing tips on my finger tips. Add a bit of weight, and if the nose drops, you know you're OK. But I usually use a bit more weight, just in case!
On my Boston, I was only able to wedge a very small amount of lead strip under the bomb ainmr's compartment floor, with the rest in the bomb bay, right up forward, and it balanced fine. I think I might have bunged a bit in each engine cowling also, behind the engines.
With your 'solid' nose, there should be room for plenty of weight.

You could always explain that there were extra ammo boxes or something, near the tail of the B-24 Bill - the real aircraft often had to be propped up under the tail skid, to prevent the tail leaning down, as Glenn and Gary (Geedee) will no doubt confirm.

You could always explain that there were extra ammo boxes or something, near the tail of the B-24 Bill - the real aircraft often had to be propped up under the tail skid, to prevent the tail leaning down, as Glenn and Gary (Geedee) will no doubt confirm.
That's for sure! On my ride in Witchcraft we were dragging the tail skid wile taxing out to the runway so me and another guy had to go forward to hold the nose down.
I therefore declare myself an expert at nose weight having been used as nose weight myself :lol:

Thanks guys.
So in order to balance this I have to have pretty much everything hanging on.
The wings, what a crappy fit. Filing and sanding, filing and sanding..................

Then the tail.

Attachments

• GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10a.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10a.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 61
  • GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10b.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10b.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 64
  • GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10c.jpg
    GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10c.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 70
  • GB19 Dvdsn A-20 10d.jpg