**** DONE: Defiant 264Sqn PS*V 28 Aug 1940 BoB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt, I consider your mask method one of the Magic tricks from the forum..... just makes it so bloody easy, just itty bitty gaps to seal off.

Vic, don't know of a miners train...... are you meaning the train at the Three Sisters??? Yep, done that one. Some guys squeel like girls going down that thing. The gondolla is great too. A little pic of the snow, at Blackheath in Oz, in October!!!!!

Anyway, paited the exhausts, and am adding landing lights under the kit glass. Had to re-paint the canopy framing by hand a bit, cuz I lightened the camo and base colours, done that. Removed the guns mounted in the turret. Added a bit to widen them to fit in the slots of the turret. Did this cuz I have to wait till tomorrow to re-paint the sky bottom.

I am cruzin now. Thanks for all the encouragement. Bill

Attachments

• r-n-r.jpg
    r-n-r.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 28 lndg lite.jpg
    28 lndg lite.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 106
And now I have been successful in re-painting the bottom, and re-spacing the guns to fit in the slots of the turret glass.

Wahoo...........

Attachments

• 29 re-paint bottom.jpg
    29 re-paint bottom.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 91
This morning, first things first before work, fixed up gear doors. Added a bit of the actuator to the centre doors, will do a clean-up and final shaping this evening when it's good and dry. Used a piece of sprue so I could make a strong bond to the door. I used the thickness of a business card to space the door attached to the strut and the wheel.

I sailor on......... off to work.

Attachments

• 30 gear doors.jpg
    30 gear doors.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 119
Looking great Bill. Sounds like you have the same problem as me in that the gun barrels and the gun mount do not match through the glass (plastic) dome of the gun turret, I've yet to tackle this one.

Also, that's the train , the one that goes down through the rock. Was initially built to take the coal mines down into the valley coal mines. Loooong time ago.

I'm still pluggin away in the landing gear, comin along ok. Painted black on spinner. shaped gear door hinge I made up, painted them. Found a bloody fan paint brush like the one T Bolt used ofr the Future polish, what a b!tch that was. Will apply Future all over, then comes the decals. I will do as much as I can tonight, and tomorrow late morning for the rest of the day, after nine holes of golf with some mates. Sunday not sure how much I can do. Monday I will do as much as I can.

Been trying to finish by Monday.... reason? Tuesday I am getting my gut opened up. Prostate cancer. Too far along for anything but rippin it out with a knife. Not looking forward to the recovery time. Had surgery on my right leg about 38 years ago, I remember what it feels like! So I am not sure when I will be able to sit up at the bench to do work on the Defiant.

So, a word of warning...... get a bloody sh!t blood test, get your PSA levels checked.

I will post what I get done between now and Monday. And,

I sailor on!

Last edited:
So I have finished the clearance lights, red and green, and the landing lights, the head of a "silver" bead pin, because it is so bright. The spinner and blades are done, just the decals of course. Now the landing gear, perhaps tomorrow after a half round of golf.

I think next time I do the clearance lights I will make a mold of the wing tip, then cast in clear and cut off what I need to use for the lens. Shaping a piece of clear sprue is a stupid thing to try and do.....

Again I thank all of you for your support and help.

I sailor on, Bill

Attachments

• 31 lights.jpg
    31 lights.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Good luck on Tuesday Bill, will be thinking of you as I'm in on Monday for my biopsy following blood tests.

Kite is looking good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back