Done : Fw190A-6 1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl, White-5 Oct,1943 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Disaster! The site I ordered the kit from e-mailed me to tell me they can't get this particular kit from their supplier. They can't get ANY Hasegawa kits for the forseeable future. I'll probably get a Tamiya kit from them and try to find some aftermarket decals, I still want to build the checker nose scheme.

That does suck, big time.....however help is at hand...I have some black checker decals I wont be using....

If you go with Tamiya you will need the A-3 which can be converted to an A-4 without too much difficulty...

the JG1 book shows an A-4 "Yellow 6" with yellow cowl ring, an option if you are interested?

Thanks Wayne, but I found a decal sheet for White 5, plus 3 other 190's, Hannants have it in stock, still going with Rudolfs bird :)

Update, just got 2 1/48 Fujimi FW190A-6's on ebay for a tenner!

FJ30004.gif

I might build a what-if with the 2nd FW190. During the war when any Luftwaffe birds crashed or made forced landings here they were recovered and handed over to the RAF. But what if the air corps, like the swiss, kept them for themselves. A FW190 painted green like the irish Seafires with IAC roundels would look cool I reckon!

That would look good M, and why not! You never know, it could have happened. I'm going to have to find the patience to look at E-Bay - two for a tenner - good deal!

Great Models has a huge selesction of decals. I just bought "The Butcherbirds of JG1" decal set and it arrived within a week.

The only thing with ebay Terry is the price of shipping, it can vary from seller to seller, these two kits cost me €20 all in, still cheap compared to prices here, I would have had to pay that for one kit at my LHS.

I'll check that site out Amsel :thumbleft:

I see what you mean M, but even with shipping, some deals could be worth it. Problem is, I haven't got the right sort of patience for those bidding things on E-Bay! Might have to change my ways!

I built the 1/48 Fujimi bf109G-K kit Wayne, it was a nice little kit, I did the G trop version. I over did the weathering a bit though! It looks like it was abandoned in the desert! :lol:

I built the 1/48 Fujimi bf109G-K kit Wayne, it was a nice little kit, I did the G trop version. I over did the weathering a bit though! It looks like it was abandoned in the desert! :lol:

Yep wasn't too bad....the latter G K kits are way better though!...the best thing about the old Fujimi kit was the rather large decal sheet that came with it!:D

Muller:

R. Hübl's A-6 has werke nummer : 550 490, the prop is not white with a black stripe as the box art suggests.

2/3rds of the prop is black from the engine cowling forward while the remainder to the tip is white

Erich, what's you source of the prop's colour ?
I know 2 photos of this plane and can't say anything about it as it is hard to see.
I'm adding them here as a reference for muller, photos and profile are from Jagdwaffe Vol.5 Section 1 'Defending the Reich' by Robert Forsyth and Eddie J. Creek, profile propably by Tom Tullis.

BTW, in every decal sheet I've seen, this crate is presented with a little 'nose-art' looking like a clown's face, but I don't see it on photo, does anybody know why decal manufacturers place it? A Kagero-style 'someone did it on profile in a book from 60's, so it's good' :lol: or there are another photos of this plane?

Regards,
Maciej

Attachments

• hubl.jpg
    hubl.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back