Done : Fw190A-6 1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl, White-5 Oct,1943 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek! I'll be going with the profile you posted. :thumbleft:

Box art shows no red band on fuselage, red under engine. But she is painted with the greys.

FJ30004.gif

Yep...all sources with the profile say that it was A-7 with removed outer MGs.But Bar used some Fws for instance Red13 with white rudder and the victory markings.Here you are another one profile.But notice, please the incorrect fin top which was charakteristic for A-1/2/3 versions and got another shape beginning with A-4, under engine there should be yellow colour but not red.Also the JG1 emblem is of incorrect colours.

Attachments

• Bar A-7.jpg
    Bar A-7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • jg1_emblem.jpg
    jg1_emblem.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 89
Hmmm, I'll have to try and paint the red bits on the JG1 decals black. Decal instructions say its an A7/R3. Box art shows outer guns too.

Thanks again Wojtek, but I think I'm hijacking my own thread! :lol: Will only talk about Hubl's bird from now on, I'll start a new thread for Bar's 190.

First, my own 'thank you' for Wayne,
I want to build Hübl's mount too.

Some photos from Rodeike's 'Focke Wulf Jagdflugzeug Fw 190 A, Fw 190 'Dora', Ta 152 H' for muller, covering 'rote 23'. The first photo is often described as taken on 24th April, 1944 after Bar's 200th kill.

BTW, that's another one I plan to build:lol:

Attachments

• fw1.jpg
    fw1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 72
  • fw2.jpg
    fw2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 92
Cool pics! 8) Thanks mate!

The cross looks a bit funny on the fuselage, it looks like it wasn't masked, just painted freehand. Are the white bits there at all?

It is a bit strange, but the broad white outline is there; it's only just visible on the top left quarter. If you look very closely, you can just make out the lower 90% angle, against the 'shine' from the fuselage. It's just the lighting making it blend into the background colour.

I think if they'd invented digital cameras, they'd have mastered colour pics Terry. :lol:

I wonder how many Agfa colour slides/prints are on file at the Bundes Archiv?
I know there are hundreds of thousands of B&W negs, but it's only open to bone fide researchers, by appointment, in person. The Germans were very advanced with colour photography at the time, with some exceptionally good film emulsions. Problem is, of course, many pics were lost in bombing raids, or destroyed deliberately.

I'd say you could spend YEARS looking at all the negatives they have Terry. It's a shame they don't have them scanned and online, that would be one cool website!

No Terry, keep posting, I want this to be the longest build thread without a build actually starting! :lol:

I won the hasegawa kit on ebay today, so i should have it pretty soon. Meantime i'm building Red 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back