Done : Fw190A-6 1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl, White-5 Oct,1943 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well after 3 months of talking about it, I've finally started this build!

Cockpit partially done, RLM66 and a bit of wear.

cockpit-1.jpg

I can't take my eyes off his avatar.

You can thank the 'Breaking News' thread for that! :thumbleft:

The kit instructions say to cut the raised bits off the instrument panels when applying the decals, but I'm thinking of giving them a coat of Klear, then sticking the decals on, will decal softener make them comform to the raised bits? I don't have a pair of 1/48 scissors like Wayne. :lol:

Wey hey! It lives! Great start M, you've got five and a bit weeks, so knowing you, it should be finished no problem!

Cheers Terry, i'm going to take my time with this one, my biggest problem when building is rushing things! I'll should get it finished in time though.

:lol: @ Heinz

Don't blame you for not believing this build was going to happen Heinz!

Got the cockpit decals on, they sat down nicely onto the raised instrument detail. Hasegawa decals are THIN! Going to get some PE straps for this one.

cockpit1-1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

That looks bl**dy marvellous M! Did you separate each instrument into a separate decal, or apply it as one sheet?
I've only ever used individual instrument decals (twice!) or a single decal (like old Revell 1/32nd scale) where there hasn't been any highly raised detail; anything else I've had to paint. Good to know it can be done.

You can thank the 'Breaking News' thread for that! :thumbleft:

The kit instructions say to cut the raised bits off the instrument panels when applying the decals, but I'm thinking of giving them a coat of Klear, then sticking the decals on, will decal softener make them comform to the raised bits? I don't have a pair of 1/48 scissors like Wayne. :lol:

What about just scratching new panels using the originals as masters?

Cheers fellas! :) Terry, I just stuck the whole decal on, the dash has three seperate decals and then two for the side panels.

Mr.Mark Softer applied then. I'd highly recommend the stuff, it's only a couple of dollars for a bottle from luckymodel.com. Those pics were taken before they had fully sat down, they look a bit better now.

cockpit3.jpg

Just going to add a few drops of Klear on the dials to simulate glass.

Thanks Wojtek, Evan Marek :D

I'm doing this build a bit differently, normally I do the cockpit, build the plane, paint, decals etc, then rush the fiddly bits. Since I'm waiting to win some PE seatbelts on ebay, I can't fit the cockpit into the fuselage. So I working on the rest of it 1st, did a bit of work on the props and engine today. Wheels are painted too. Will post pics later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back