**** DONE: P-47M Thunderbolt - Lt. Russ Kyler - Aircraft of the Aces GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soon, Wayne, Soon! I have a big interview tomorrow night for a potential job promotion, and my wife is taking me to see Heart/Def Leppard this weekend in Houston for my birthday (re-living my high school days), so I may not get back to it for a few days, but I am excited about putting some paint on her, too!

Concert was great. Didn't get the job. Here is the natural metal finish on the underside. I used Testors Metallizer. I need to seal with something as it is rubbing off on everything. I don't have the Testors metallizer sealer, but I can get some. What do you guys think about sealing it with Future? Anyone have experience sealing this stuff with Future?

P-47 002.jpg
P-47 001.jpg

Don't know Andy. A clear coat will tend to change the look a bit. Why don't you test it. Use an old model from the scrapyard or some left over sprues.

I've done one aircraft using the metaliser. Once done I used gloves to handle it (after buffing). It can be difficult to paint over the top without sealer. Masking and bleed through are both issues.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks, guys. I tried to find the Alclad you guys talk about, but couldn't find any locally. I had this metallizer, so I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe I should have ordered some Alclad from the web. :rolleyes:

Peter, I'll test it with the Future and see how it goes on a wing scrap I have from another discarded kit. I may have to get the actual sealer for the metallizer so I can paint the top side in the black without getting aluminum smudges all over it.

Looking at the pictures always makes me see more than I could with the naked eye. I thought I had that longitudinal seam on the bottom filled and smoothed. I'm just not very good with seams. :|

Looks goos Andy. Sorry I can't help you with the Future Question but I can say that if you do use it make sure it is the old formula as they did change it and the new stuff doesn't work so well.

Well, I tested the Future, and it did fine, so I sprayed all the metallizer on the model with it. I believe it's going to look good in the end. Now I'll let it cure for a day or two, tape everything off and spray the black. Exciting times!

Decided I needed to spray the red on the tail and cowl first. Will let it cure for a day or so, then tape off and spray black. Already taped off the nmf areas on the front top of the wings and the undersides.

IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2644.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back