**** DONE: P-47M Thunderbolt - Lt. Russ Kyler - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soon, Wayne, Soon! I have a big interview tomorrow night for a potential job promotion, and my wife is taking me to see Heart/Def Leppard this weekend in Houston for my birthday (re-living my high school days), so I may not get back to it for a few days, but I am excited about putting some paint on her, too!

Concert was great. Didn't get the job. Here is the natural metal finish on the underside. I used Testors Metallizer. I need to seal with something as it is rubbing off on everything. I don't have the Testors metallizer sealer, but I can get some. What do you guys think about sealing it with Future? Anyone have experience sealing this stuff with Future?

Don't know Andy. A clear coat will tend to change the look a bit. Why don't you test it. Use an old model from the scrapyard or some left over sprues.

I've done one aircraft using the metaliser. Once done I used gloves to handle it (after buffing). It can be difficult to paint over the top without sealer. Masking and bleed through are both issues.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks, guys. I tried to find the Alclad you guys talk about, but couldn't find any locally. I had this metallizer, so I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe I should have ordered some Alclad from the web.

Peter, I'll test it with the Future and see how it goes on a wing scrap I have from another discarded kit. I may have to get the actual sealer for the metallizer so I can paint the top side in the black without getting aluminum smudges all over it.

Looking at the pictures always makes me see more than I could with the naked eye. I thought I had that longitudinal seam on the bottom filled and smoothed. I'm just not very good with seams.

Looks goos Andy. Sorry I can't help you with the Future Question but I can say that if you do use it make sure it is the old formula as they did change it and the new stuff doesn't work so well.

Well, I tested the Future, and it did fine, so I sprayed all the metallizer on the model with it. I believe it's going to look good in the end. Now I'll let it cure for a day or two, tape everything off and spray the black. Exciting times!

Decided I needed to spray the red on the tail and cowl first. Will let it cure for a day or so, then tape off and spray black. Already taped off the nmf areas on the front top of the wings and the undersides.

Users who are viewing this thread