**** DONE: Revell 1/48 P-40B RAF 112 Squadron in Egypt in 1941 MTO Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Google Image Result for http://www.bananaking.net/cento/workshop/photos/tool_floorwax.jpg This site is on painting minatures but it has the mention of future floor wax in it. Under 'Painting tools'

And they mention the pin vice.

Hi Harrison,

I have noticed you worked on the model a lot.Looking nice. The idea of drilling with the hot nail wasn't the best one, was it?. Why hadn't you asked about it before you started? Anyway you did with the fitting very good. But I think that these exchaust pipes are still sticking out too much.Their bases have to be snaded underneath a little bit more .

Back to the lens. I think you mean these lens ( glasses) for the pilot's panel indicators. right? If yes you can use the gloss dope for that as well.

Oh yes, I had mentioned the future wax to my mom before I went off to school and she said she'd get it. I came home today and she said it wasn't there.... I said it wasn't at the hard-ware store? She said hard-ware store, I went to the grocery store...... So I will wait till tomorrow until I have 'gloss dope' by chance.

I think Wojtek means gloss enamel varnish, such as Humbrol or similar. This will give a better appearance, but you need to make sure that the area to be glossed has dried for at least 24 hours, as the varnish can cause 'thin' areas of paint, as found on instrument panels, to spread and/or go cloudy. You'll only need one application pe instrument, and you can do this with a cocktail stick, although I prefer the extreme tip of a very fine lining brush, such as a 000 or even a 5/0.
Once you've applied the varnish, leave the panel alone, until it's fully dried, which shouldn't take more than an hour at most.

Okay, that goes on my list of things to get. :D

Of course last weekend I was suppose to go to the hobby shop, because I had a baseball game in the lot next to the hobby shop, but my game got rained out and my dad didn't want to drive 40 minutes to the hobby shop. So I'm hoping to go REALLY soon.

http://maplewoodhobby.com/

that's the shops site. Of course you can't order from the site. :lol:

I have meant exactly what Terry said about the gloss varnish. Of course there is another way of quite easy making od a nice pilot's panel but .....keep working Harrison.:)

I have meant exactly what Terry said about the gloss varnish. Of course there is another way of quite easy making od a nice pilot's panel but .....keep working Harrison.:)

:D and this way is?

I have to go in a few minutes so I'll do some more sanding and post pictures later

Oh yes, I had mentioned the future wax to my mom before I went off to school and she said she'd get it. I came home today and she said it wasn't there.... I said it wasn't at the hard-ware store? She said hard-ware store, I went to the grocery store...... So I will wait till tomorrow until I have 'gloss dope' by chance.

Harrison

Future floor wax is no longer available but future is now found in other products. Have your mom get the same stuff as in the photo.

IMG_1346.jpg

But finding a picture will be hard. Plus, the kit didn't give me the correct instrument panel.

I can't agree with you I'm afraid. On the previous page of the thread you have two nice pics of the P-40B/C cockpit panels both colourful and B&W. What do you think where I got the one in my pic from?

There are incorrect cockpit panels in most of kits.That's way the photoetched parts and other after market ones appeared.

Look at the color picture on page 3 and then the one I painted on page 6. The one on page 3 looks likes an upside down T and mine looks like half of a hexagon..

Nevermind though, it's not important.

It can seem to be not important now but later you will want to have more accurate model.You have to understand you aren't limited to the kit parts in any way. The kit panel is incorrect totally .So why couldn't you make the correct one?

Reflection, reflection ...this is a key.

Last edited:
No it won't be hard for you. Simply think twice do once.. Do you have a ruller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back