Il keep you all informed -although I think itl take a while for them to reply (last politician I emailed took about 2 1/2 weeks to email back! )
Dan I don't think we get termites in NZ instead with get these microscopic things that just seemingly magically make holes in wood -luckily so far they haven't don't much and I hope to keep it that way!
All these bl**dy Maori names, can't you just call it bl**dy Pine, or even just wood! Only joking.
Sounds nice, wouldn't mind seeing the table, unless the chewing b*sta*rds have wrecked it! I love nice grained wood, especially when waxed and polished. (not varnished!)
Some of the maori words really annoy me as well Terry ,for types of wood I think its pretty good although theres some places in New Zealand with some pretty funny names -one called "whakatane" pronounced like "fuc-ka-tanay" -parents aren't too happy when their kids come home from school and hear them say it
Kauri seems to be alot more rare than rimu .....How did we start talking about New Zealand timbers again?
apparently I'm 'allowed' back in the shed tomorrow so will have a photo up then of the table
Also Terry ,just downloaded the 'PTO GB rules' How do I decide what catagory I'm in?
same with the Defense of the Reich? if so chuck both my builds in the 1/72 novice catagory (although I have built a number of models I still aint very good!) I think thats either Cat 1 or Cat 3 (apologies can't remember! )
Re the maori names, one of my favourites is the chain of mountains known as the Urewera Ranges - the 'hot pen!s' mountains! ( Wera - hot, Ure... ) - story goes, a Maori chief rolled into his fire while asleep...
Wasn't one of those 'myths' was it? .......Funniest one is that young maori boy oneday went fishing ,threw his line in and caught the south island or was it the north island??
Strange bunch of people, you Kiwis!
Daniel, it's up to the individual modeller to decide which Category they think they should be in. If in doubt, always go one lower!
However, if it's obvious to the judges that someone who has, for example, entered the Novice category should be in the 'Expert' one, then the person will be advised, and the suggestion made that he/she change the category !