DONE: RNZAF F4U-1D P/O Brian Barstow of NZ5517-No.16 Sqdn Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK mate, no probs. BTW, like your new siggy - maybe the name could be a little more visible though. I can only just see it on my screen.

Okay will edit it once I wake up from my sleep (will be a long sleep -nearly been up 24 hours)

Heres my coffee table I promised a photo of (made it in 2007 from a wall (studs etc) we pulled down in our garage):oops: Doesn't look the best in the garage covered in dust but well its in storage!

Attachments

• IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 83
Bloody hell Daniel - you MADE that?? Beautiful job!!!

That story I mentioned is supposed to be true, btw. Many of our place names come from incidents or events. I was born in Paraparaumu for example - 'scraps (of food) in the earth oven' (Para - scrap/ morsel, no plural letter in Maori, so written twice means 'more than one', Umu - earth oven). A raiding war party defeated the local tribe of the area, but being based on swampland, found very little to eat.

The North Island is known to some Maori as 'Te ika a Maui' (The fish of Maui), and the South 'Te waka a Maui' (the canoe of Maui). Stewart island was his anchor. Won't go into the story, but Maui was a half-God who 'caught' the North Island after his canoe struck a reef...

Cheers Terry and Evan -and for the history too!

Sure did Mate -also made a pine coffee table that year

Nothing new on the Corsair -little too busy

Not looking good guys

Sent the enquirie to the RNZAF boys 9 days ago and still no reply .......%%$^$$% (censored)

Not looking good guys

Sent the enquirie to the RNZAF boys 9 days ago and still no reply .......%%$^$$% (censored)

Just give them time Daniel... One man is in charge of all the photos (Matthew O'Sullivan), and he's no doubt got a lot more queries to take care of aswell! If they've got anything, he'll find them though, you'll see...

:oops: Spose I was being abit inpatient -look forward to hearing from him (I think I may have met that Matt guy)

and cheers Dan and Wojtek!-appreciated!

I'm a little confused Charles -what is you mean?

Got a reply from Matthew O'Sullivan today,he is going to send me painting notes and some photos of similar Corsairs in the same paint schemes :D

Engines and tailplanes on

Quite impressed with the fit quality of this kit ,in comparing the Hasegawa to Tamiya though the difference is HUGE

Interior detail quite basic / raised panel lines -all for a very similar price to the tamiya - am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_9802.JPG
    IMG_9802.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 61
Nice one Daniel! makes me want to build another Corsair, just no retractable wings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back