**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop. BS231 “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have been doing stuff, honest. Been a little slow with my recovery from surgery.

I added supports to the radiator exhaust flappy thing. I used round styrene rod, squashed the ends with needle pliers, bent the ends and super glued them in place.

Then looking at the wheel on the port side of the cockpit I didn't like the way it was so flat to the wall. So I shaved it off the wall with my curved scalpel and added a bit of a spacer behind it and glued it back in place. Then I thought it looked good enough to try and do the same with a crank on the other side. Super glued rod to the back and I will put it back with a bit of space. Just adds a little dimension with little effort. Yes?

Attachments

• 4a rad hsng.jpg
    4a rad hsng.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 4b cpit bitz.jpg
    4b cpit bitz.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 90
Well then. Just a few things I have been finishing up. Cockpit and landing gear. I am waiting for seat belts and instrument prints. So until they arrive I will be doing some stuff to the Typhoon. I am rapt with the way the cockpit is shaping up. done some scratch building with the little black oxy bottle and hose. Thinned out the walls of the seat to make them a little more to scale. Added some of the wiring using bead wires as they come pretty thin. And my little side light, yikes it's small.

As a side note; I scored an Optio 555 camera for 30 bucks!!!!!!!! maybe I'll have better picture to post!

Attachments

• 5 cockpit.jpg
    5 cockpit.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 5 parts.jpg
    5 parts.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Looking good Bill. I noticed though that the black box you installed under the hose on the right side of the pit is the one the instructions call to go on the left side.

Good stuff Bill......I've got an Optio 555 damn good camera, great super macro for those close up shots!:D

And That is why I got it. By the photos you post, and someone had asked you what camera you used. I have been searching for one in My price range ever since, No I have one!!!! Maybe I can get some clear pictures now.:D

Looking good Bill. I noticed though that the black box you installed under the hose on the right side of the pit is the one the instructions call to go on the left side.

Thanks mate, and Bugger, I will have to do something about that!

And so I have. Thanks for that heads up..... It's "old timers" acting up again....
Then I thought while I was at this part again I would add some wires for the control quadrants. The wire is .007" and I used a .o16 hole to insert two wires. Glad I did it now.

Attachments

• 6 cockpit.jpg
    6 cockpit.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks Bolt. All of you are inspiring me!

Question about ID lights, port and starboard wings, the underside. I found this diagram. Were these lights red to port, green to starboard on the underside of the "C" wing? I have read they were eliminated on the Mk.IX, yes?

Attachments

• spitfire-viii-C wing_small.jpg
    spitfire-viii-C wing_small.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 115
Not sure about these lights Bill. I think they were intended to go on the Mk VII's and VIII's but were deleted. Are you sure you rig had a C wing, being a Vb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back