**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. Vb Trop. BS231 “D” of No 452 Sqn defending Darwin .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't like leaving kits unfinished myself. I have just one other model I need to finish. A Fiat CR 42 CN. I've only stopped working on it for the moment because of this group build. I'll be finishing it as soon as I finish Nocturnal Nemesis. Then I'll start my next venture... An aircraft weathervane. :)

It's been a tough row to hoe, sitting with this catheter. Just to make things easier on my old self I am foregoing the control surfaces. Today I have forged ahead and finished the cockpit and seat belts. I have to paint the gun sight, install it and I can fit the fuselage to the wings, after I attach the blisters and scribe the panel lines. I can sit for a while on the torture chair an do some work now.

Attachments

• 9 seat belts.jpg
    9 seat belts.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 101
Here is an interior shot. My purpose is to show what my new picture box can do. Got the Pentax Optio 5.0. I am rapt with the ease of use. I just need to know how I can get a longer depth of field. I'm really happy with the results in this cockpit. Can't waite to do my 1/32nd Mustang Merlin's Magic now.

Attachments

• 10 c-pit.JPG
    10 c-pit.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 64
Bill, if you have InfranView (you can download it free), you will be able to take your pictures from further away and subsequently get a better depth of field.

Once I have the picture s downloaded, I enhance them with the Digital Photo Professional that came with the camera, take a screen print and past it onto Paint. You can then highlight the portion you need, and save it as a JPG file and then using the InfranView resize the picture to an accepted forum size.

Email me if you have any questions.

Thanks Vic. I have the Corel programs I can use. I was looking for a way to adjust the exposure time. Mucking around with it I have fond how to do it. It's a nifty old camera, a little on the bulky side but works great. 5X zoom that gets right in there. I guess I jumped the gun and got a little befuddled. Under control now. Works better than my big Canon EOS SLR.

Good stuff Bill. Better DoF = smaller aperture, longer exposure, therefore more light needed, and probably a tripod or desk-top stand. But check the manual, there may be a facility for multi-spot focus readings, where you select, say, three points in the view, with the shutter button half depressed, and the camera 'remembers' the field you want.

Terry's got it Bill. If you can set the F stop to the highest number possible on that camera and hold it still, you'll get the most into focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back