Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Model Masters web site and found a color chart... I seem to be correct in my colors fellas....

Could the directions have a typo in them, cause if they are correct, than my color scheme is correct, and that makes it different than the model pics I have...

Did all these guys do their camo backwards???

Attachments

• ehobbyland_2012_32984161.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 78
I think that the Model Master call outs are incorrect.

RLM 82 is the Bright Green. RLM 83 is the Dark Green.

Photo's clearly show the cowling in an RLM 83 Dark Green. Based on current info this is the Factory delivered "power egg" colour.

Sent you an e-mail with some scans...

Sh!t...... How the hell does Testors screw up on something like this???

Thx for the email Wayne... I already have those pics u sent, and thought them to be alittle outdated compared to he intructions Hasegawa supplied, plus what others have done with the kit....

Now that I see, for some reason or another, that my paints are completely fu*ked, the question remains........

What the hell do I do now???

Attachments

• pro03.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 166
  • JG44-Banner.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 72
  • pro01.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 68
There is another issue guys..... The directions for the camo....

The instruction sheet shows one thing and the JV44 book where the profile scans came from are different....

I would assume that Jerry Crandall interpetation of this kite is more accurate than Hasegawas.... I think Ive really screwed up...

Attachments

• pro05.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 173
  • pro04.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 160
  • ~neww 002.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 88
Dan, don't sweat it just redo the RLM76 overall and start again, how many actual pics of Red 1 do you have, so you can follow some of the camo pattern and be confident when you respray.

On the MM colour screw up it was thought a long time ago that the two colours were the other way round, I guess they haven't been following Luftwaffe camo too closely to correct the mistake!

heading off to bed now so won't be back on till tomorrow night....about 22 hours from now! be patient!

Dammit to all hell...... I was afraid u'd say that Wayne.... Time to start all over again........

I am totally deflated right now......

As far as refrence shots go on Red1, I only have the one pic above with the JV44 banner.... Here are all the "real" pics I have... Any others would be GREATLY appreciated....

Jan, u got some pics I dont outtathe book/internet?? Wojtek??? Anyone?

Attachments

• img18.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 88
  • JG44-Banner.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Pic-Rote13-01.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Pic-Themembers.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 94
Cr*p and bl**dy f*cking h*ll....wish I had a scanner...it's a H-U-G-E color foldout in my JV44 book....
I'll see if I can work wonders for you with my digital camera Dan...

Update....it's actually two single page on the Red "4" and "13" too...

Yea man, Im really bugged out on this now.... All that frickin work.... And it wasnt even that good of a job that I did to start with... Maybe its a good thing???

I guess I should use the profile camo scheme that the JV44 book shows rather than the what Hasegawa and their fu*ked up directions show???

I'll see what I can do my friend....these are not profiles though...these painted as in "10 a clock high", so you get the top of the wings and the fuselage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread