H.P. Halifax B.MkIII Dedication.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking absolutely fantastic there old bean! Known you for this long, seen your builds 'live', I'm still amazed by your abilities, even when that (beep) pain and stiffness kick in!

Thanks awfully old chap! Got a nasty little bug, on top of the other stuff, at the moment not a happy bunny !

Thanks Vic, it's appreciated.
I'm still trying to blend that canopy! There's still a slight ridge and 'ripple', but I think if I try any more it'll ruin the whole thing.
The problem is, the fuselage is supposed to be cut, before construction, along the line of the cockpit rim, and the whole canopy section then glued in, and the joints sealed. Of course, I didn't know this, until after I got the canopy, when the model was already built!
I'm hoping that it will look acceptable when finished, and probably won't be as noticeable to the naked eye, especially when set in the overall diorama, and at least it's better than the kit canopy. Just irritating that I feel it could be better.

Thanks very much, Wojtek and Michael, it's very much appreciated.
I think I've now got it as good as it's going to get, and can now continue with the final bits tomorrow. Then, it's on to the rest of the ground equipment and diorama base. About 9 days left, plus one day 'for emergencies' !
Pics sometime tomorrow, all being well.

Progressing towards the final parts on the model itself, with the delicate parts to befitted once on the display base.
PIC 1. The canopy is as good as it's going to get, and has yet to be cleaned-up and have a matt clear coat applied around the area.
PIC 2. The modified exhausts have been painted, installed, and given some staining.
PIC 3. The resin SBC's to be used are from Mike Belcher's 'Belcher Bits' set, and they really are excellent.
PIC 4. After careful painting, three SBC's were mounted in the fuselage bomb bay, and one in the port wing bay. The remainder will be displayed as one being winched into position, with one on one bomb trolley, and the final six on another trolley.
PICS 5 and 6. How the model looks to date.
Next step is to fit the wheel bay doors and wing bomb bay doors, then the gun turrets and some antenna parts, before moving on to the diorama itself.
Thanks again for your continued interest and support.

Attachments

• Halifax build 325.jpg
    Halifax build 325.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Halifax build 328.jpg
    Halifax build 328.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Halifax build 297.jpg
    Halifax build 297.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Halifax build 329.jpg
    Halifax build 329.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Halifax build 331.jpg
    Halifax build 331.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 88
  • Halifax build 332.jpg
    Halifax build 332.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 93
Thanks Wojtek and Wayne. Got to add a bit of detail to the main bomb bay, then finish the other bits before getting 'stuck in' on the base.

About those SBC's, how did the drop sequence work? Did the whole container get dropped and then disintegrate or did they open the containers in the bomb bay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back