In Memory (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
With great sadness I must report that one of my former flight instructors Fred Robinson passed away on November 7th. I worked for Fred part time through out the mid and late 90s and it was at his school, "Great Western Soaring School" where I got my start flying and maintaining gliders. I always had a great working relationship with Fred and if it wasn't for him and his generosity, I probably wouldn't have my current job.

The area where Great Western is located is known as "Crystal Aire" and is probably one of the best places in the world for soaring. Europeans go there in the summer time for mountain wave and thermals that are just outstanding. I once was told by a Swiss guy that if we were talking surfing, Crystal Aire would be considered the "North Shore."

Anyway, Fred, I'll miss you - you were a former employer and flight instructor, but forever you'll be a mentor and a friend. RIP :salute:

420da2e0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back