Italian Heavy Cruiser Fiume

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
One more deviation from my modelling habit.

Warship Pictorial 2.JPG

I just started very recently to assembly a model of the above cruiser starting from the Tauro Model kit in 1:400 scale.

Here the first pictures showing the wooden deck and some other components just primed.

DSCN1277.JPG
DSCN1278.JPG

Some more to follow.
Alberto

Look much that cover with the range of tones. :D
It will be very interesting to follow your process. Interesting observation with red stripes.

Rimango consapevoli del vostro progresso Alberto :thumbup:

Saludos

Luis Carlos

Hello,
a few shots on the w.i.p.

DSCN1331.JPG
DSCN1332.JPG
DSCN1333.JPG
DSCN1334.JPG
DSCN1335.JPG

DSCN1336.JPG

As you can see, there are still several items missing, among them the main gun towers.
The reason is that I wanted to improve them a little bit, so I purchased brass barrel made by Aber.
They are built for the Trumpeter Pola cruiser, so they are in 1/350 scale while mine in in 1/400 scale, but I did a few calculation and the difference in diameter isn't perceivable by human eye, so no problem.
But there is a problem with the length, as yo can see from the picture below.
DSCN1337.JPG

If I just replace plastic barrels with brass ones,they will result aprox 5 mm longer, too much. So I drilled the support in order to insert brass barrels and glue them when they will be just a couple of mm longer. If necessary, I will cut the extra portion of brass.

As you may also have noticed, I didn't forgot that I like model aeroplanes and I tried to improve the one on the deck by adding a little canopy.

More pictures to follow soon.
Alberto

any problem with the split in the gun cradles?

Hi Parsifal,
I don't know if I correctly understood your question. If you are talking about barrels with different inclination in the same turret, you are right, it will be impossible to do that with that arrangement.
But it's a price to pay for better looking barrels.

Here they are three on four are done:

20150328_224049.jpg

The fourth needs a little adjustment and will be OK.
Tomorrow I will prime and paint them.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back