ME 209 V5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well Wayne Little,
it's name is "Tatort". Free translation = "The place where the crime has happened".
A semi realisic show of crime investigations.

This is the result.

3366366361396331.jpg

6435363131323063.jpg

I used metal foil on the belly. You've allways to sand again and again.

dscf0181ij3.jpg

dscf0180zs0.jpg

I was happy with the result maybe too happy. Goofy was around again for his next move. The continous sanding thinned out the wingroots too much. Guess!

Last edited:
Desaster struck the 209 again when the right wing came off. All the sanding had thinned out the wingroots too much. A quick check showed the same problem on the left wing too. Off he went too.

01.jpg

Well in such moments there is only one thing to do - drink abottle of cooled "Jever"! The only means in such moments. Problems will get minor instantly.

02.jpg

Once more! :evil:

03.jpg

Several hours later: I was on the road again.

04.jpg

This time the wings are really strong, fingers crossed. :rolleyes: I reinforced the leadingedges with Alu-foil.

05.jpg

The underside got its metal reinforcement too. I warned the Me 209 being given to the dog in case she will mess up things again. This helped considerably. :lol:

06.jpg

Now it was time for the landingflaps. They are derived from the E-ones. Again 2K-putty was a handy aid. I use a cheap brand from the ware-house which is intended for car repairs. There are two brands one for heavy filling which I don't use and the other who is called "Zwei Komponenten Feinspachtel"= 2K-Fine Putty. It cures in half and hour and sands to a featheredge.

07.jpg

After some sanding and a coat of water-soluble Primer (again a cheap filler from the ware houses which is used on plastics) I called it a day.

08.jpg

The underside looked right too.

09.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Maximowitz,
A Pils always is a good means to further kitbuilding! :lol:
Specially when you went in troubles while building!
Even my dachshound tries it from time to time.:oops:

Ah the 'T' Stoff, definitely free flight without wings!!
Great recovery and splendid work so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back