Movie Double Bill.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wonderful work Terry. You know, looking at the shape Merlin engine gives the Bf 109 frame, can't help but think how good it looks on the Spitfire but how ugly appearance it gives to the Messerschmitt.

Thanks Igor and Matt. I'll admit, I used to think it looked a bit, if not ugly, maybe - silly ! But it's grown on me, and I think it gives the aircraft a certain 'determined' look.
There have been a couple of 'Buchons' which have had the cowlings modified, and the oil cooler and intakes moved, to try to make them look more like 'real' Bf109s. Whilst it has sort of worked, it makes the aircraft look even more unattractive !

I've been a bit lethargic and tired this weekend, not to mention very stiff, so I haven't got much modelling done. However, I managed to make and fit the cranckcase breather pipe, and the overflow pipes beneath the nose, as well as fit the prop and the dummy wing cannons. The canopy sections have also had the frame work painted, as well as the 'panzerglas' head armour, although the latter has to be fitted into the canopy and the canopy installed. It's only placed in position in the pics.
The exhausts have also been drilled out, painted and weathered, and fitted into the cowling openings.
The model is almost finished, and the final parts, such as the canopy, aerial wire, navigation lights and aileron mass balance horns will be fitted when the model goes on the base, alongside the Spitfire, which is coming next.
Thanks again for your interest and kind comments, and I'll start on the Spit in the next post.
PICS 1and 2 the different sized overflow outlets beneath the nose cowling.
PICS 3 and 4. How the model looks so far, with the prop and exhausts on, as well as the longer, dummy cannons, and the canopy sections painted.
PIC 5 The crankcase breather pipe can be seen behind the prop, beneath the exhausts.

Attachments

• Buchon build 093.jpg
    Buchon build 093.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Buchon build 103.jpg
    Buchon build 103.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Buchon build 104.jpg
    Buchon build 104.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Buchon build 106.jpg
    Buchon build 106.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Buchon build 109.jpg
    Buchon build 109.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 93
Thanks very much chaps ! I hope to make a start on the Spit in the next few days, between doing the GB models and trying to finish the Buccaneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back