Next Group Build Commonwealth/Night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My interpretation of Commonwealth has been to think in terms of aircraft used operationally in any theatre of war against the Axis nations between 1939-1946 by a Commonwealth country, be it manufactured by a Commonwealth country, the UK or America.

David, yes. Map of Commonwealth countries: Red are former (Ireland and Zimbabwe).

Andy, I understand what you were going for now. Fine with me, mate.

Ive just been reading a bit and Zimbabwe was known as Rhodesia during wwII, which supplied many pilots to the RAF including their future president Ian Smith who was shot down in a spitfire flying from Malta. Rhodesia had Fairey Battles and Hawker hardys at the outset of the war.

got an Italeri P-40 M\N with decals for Cleopatra III for this GB !!!!

An Aussie P-40! A very good choice Karl. :D:D:D

If you want something a little different, I have decals for this one left over from the Pacific build. PM with your addy if you are interested. (photo source AWM)

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• OG2324 (1).jpeg
    OG2324 (1).jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 125
Well, fellas.....with the risk of digging an even deeper hole for me, these I'll try to do for the nightfighter GB Luftwaffe Night Fighter Aces Heinrich Prinz Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein and Egmont Prinz Zur Lippe-Weissenfeld, '88C-6 and '110G-4 if I remember correctly....

OK, did a bit of hunting for available kits and this one appeals to me...the Special Hobby 1/48 CA-9:

wirraway.jpg

SH also has it in 72nd but the 48th comes with additional PE details so I'm gonna go with that.

Very nice, I like that one!

I've been trying to find a Vildebeest in 1/48, not having a lot of luck with that.

Last edited:
Here is what I'm entering in the Group Build with the markings shown on the box cover. I've had it on the shelf for years and this is just the excuse I need to take it down and start on it.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 123
Well, if I survive the Drs here in Australia next week, I may try and get this one done for this build. I wanted to do a Spitfire from the Darwin raids. I already have a 48th MkVb tropo in the closet I can use for the "D" marked plane. I wonder if I can find a history on this one???

At this rate I'll never get Merlin finished.

Attachments

• SDarwin3.jpg
    SDarwin3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back