Next Group Build Commonwealth/Night fighter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll try and zcan a couple of pics of EN398 with popeye but I'm reluctant to hurt the spine of my book if not I'll photograph them . An excellent ref for Canadian Spits is Robert Bracken 2 volumes called Spitfire The Canadians shpuld be able to grab at your Library I only have vol 2

Hey Neil, thanks. The Eaglecals schemes for Keltie and Cameron both reference that book. I may try to hunt down a copy for myself.

Someone posted a pic of Kelite's plane around here before but I can't remember where.

Hey Neil, thanks. The Eaglecals schemes for Keltie and Cameron both reference that book. I may try to hunt down a copy for myself.

Someone posted a pic of Kelite's plane around here before but I can't remember where.
I just got vol 1 from library so I see what I can do

Attachments

• IMG 1.jpg
    IMG 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I've been trying to think of a night subject Jan but:

- I'm not that keen to go and buy a new kit as my stash needs attention,
- I just finished a long 110 build and don't really have the stomach for another right now,
- I have a Revell Mosquito Mk IVB but it would need converting to an F version,
- I have a Revell Do 217E-4 but it would need coverting.

If anyone has ideas on what it would take to convert the Mosquito to a night fighter, I might consider it. Same with the Dornier but the body work and engines would require major work methinks.

If I get near to finishing to P-40 I might look into a night fighter, But I'm going to take it easy this GB. I'm starting to get a little burned out with 3 going at once on the BoB build. I'm glad I didn't start the Hurricane I was also planing on.

Andy, it's easier to get a kit of the Mosquito FBVI. Converting to a fighter from the bomber isn't too difficult, if that's the only choice. In fact, I intend to do just that if or when I can get a hold of the old Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito BIV, but there's quite a bit of work to do on the nose, gun bay, canopy, entrance hatch and then the internal fittings. Not worth the effort in 1/48th scale, when there are two good kits on the market.
I doubt I'll be entering the next GB, as I've got quite a few things to finish, and other projects lined up, including two which i haven't started for the Bob GB ! But, if the Spit VIII for Max qualifies, I might bung it in.

I'm sure you can all relate to this:

I went out today to get a roll of wide Tamiya tape to make the masks for my Spit I. Got the tape, a bottle of flat black paint which I was low on, then bought an Osprey book on the Mosquito, found probably the only unwrapped copy of "Spitfire II: The Canadians" by Bracken left in town, which I picked up for just 30 bucks, and then was talked into getting the Tamiay He-219, which I'll throw into the GB.

So forget what I said in post 69.:confused::oops:

I went out today to get a roll of wide Tamiya tape to make the masks for my Spit I. Got the tape, a bottle of flat black paint which I was low on, then bought an Osprey book on the Mosquito, found probably the only unwrapped copy of "Spitfire II: The Canadians" by Bracken left in town, which I picked up for just 30 bucks, and then was talked into getting the Tamiay He-219, which I'll throw into the GB.

Rob Bracken lived about 5 blocks away from anf I had the chance to see part of his photo collection it was fantastic , his knowledge about the different birds was IMHO umparalled , I never got to see the remainder of his pics as he passed away, NTW did they have Vol 1of his book

Those hobby shops can be dangerous places! :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back