The FW 190 V-16 (alias FW 190 C)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hi,
when I looked in my spare-parts box I discovered the remains left over from my TA and ME 209 builds plus some usefull things of an oldtool FW 190 A Hasegawa kit. At the same time I read an article in a Flightmag about the illfaited FW 190 C. Why not use this leftovers to build it?
At first it was my intention to build the V30 with the exhaust driven supercharger under the belly, but I thought try the V-16 first the V30 won't run away.

The sparebox:

01.jpg

The kits which delivered parts+ a Daimler engine from the venerable Revell 109.

02.jpg

a parts list:

FW-190 A (oldtool Hasegawa)
-wings and rudders

FW-190 D (oldtool Revell)
-undercarriage and parts of the Wingroots

FW-190 D (Newtool Revell)
-fuselage and cockpit

BF 109G (oldtool Revell)
-engine

The main parts:

03.jpg

The Dora fuselage is shortened, the vertical stabilzer too. The Daimler is merged to the cockpit frame. Gone is the airintake on the right side.
The most difficult part so far was outmilling the the undercarriage-well of the A-wing.

You don't like wasting of styrene.:D Excellent. I can't wait the final effect.

Time to present the original.
At "Model Art" No. 336 page 29 is a good drawing.

04.jpg

I tried a low budget solution for the cockpit. With Coral Draw I draught the board and printed it on photopaper. I cut the board out and simply cemented it into the cockpit. I could have printed it on decalpaper but I thought when you don't see much of it why bothering with it.

07.jpg

Niece work, and it's given me ideas for producing instruments for use with scratch-built panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back