The FW 190 V-16 (alias FW 190 C)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As you can see it will be a nightmare to mate the upper wing with the lower one.

post-6446-1253873376.jpg

It went better than thought. The upper wing is on the lower one. Time to have a good drink to relax.
With the most critical phase over I'm sure now I'll can finish the plane without further troubles.

post-6446-1253873522.jpg

Attachments

• post-6446-1253873709.jpg
    post-6446-1253873709.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Beautiful! But I don't get how you were able to close such a big gap at the wing roots. Wasn't the bottom already firmly in place?

Hi Cremia River,
I did it with sheer force. Later when the ship was almost finished some cracks showed up on the right upper wing. superglue and 2-K putty saved the day.
But Let's do some more.
Got a terrible cold and as sneezing while cutting or painting isn't very healthy for both the model and the modelbuilder I couldn't acomplish much.
Some cleaning up and a faint structure down under.

post-6446-1254677752.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,
many thanks for your kind interest.

The shrouds for the cowl weapons (which never were installed because this ship spent its whole life as an engine testbed)) were the last I could finish before this damned sneezing prevented further progress. I wonder if the Superglue is to blame?

1.jpg

Some primer to check for scratches.

2.jpg

Almost ready to fly with the elevators and rudder in place.

42.jpg

43.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back