What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally pulling myself together to update my newly-begun motorcycle diary, with two entries:
One about last weekend's motorcycle trip to Munkholm, and one about the motorcycle show in february.
It feels good to remember those two things again, and writing them down while I still remember most of the details.
Ooooh yeah, remembering test-sitting the BMW F800GS at the BMW/Xpedit stand sure as hell felt great!
Rune - the owner of Xpedit - came over and talked with me. I told him that the bike felt awesome, and he said - in his usual quiet and humorous manner - "That's good, shall I go get the papers and a pen?"
Well no. I haven't got the 180,000 DKk right now. Ew!
But it was all good fun anyway. We know each other from the BMW Motorcycle Club Rides and our day trips to Jutland and back, to the Xpedit coffee meets.
Good memories are great on a cold and windy night.

Here's two shots by Jørn, of me, totally riding off into Dreamland.

The F800 - a good-sized motorcycle for me.

The F600 - too small for my taste, both physically and engine-wise, but I had to try it while I had the chance. Hey, it's a beemer - 'nuff said!
Bikes courtesy of Xpedit, photos: Jørn, bike suit, cap, boots and happy dreams are all mine.

Last edited:
Visiting my parents tonight, and having a darned good time together with 'em, too.
We had a lot of fun, had a wonderful dinner (goulash w. mashed 'taters, if anyone's interested - and yes, there's nothing like mom's cooking, in my opinion! ), and we had a really nice relaxed evening.

And to top it off, my parents (who are cleaning out in all of their belongings before they - hopefully - move to a nice apartment) gave me their old fountain pens, mom's old beautifully marbled Matador no 77 (England) that she used when she worked at an office in the 1940's, and dad's Parker 51 (USA) with a pencil too, from when he worked as work leader at an electronic hearing aid factory, in the late 60's/early 70's.
I am moved and happy that they wanted me to have these fine pens.

Cliffs of Dover out in a week but I might not get it as I trying to earn money for a new GPU. Though once I have the dough I'll be getting CoD's collector's edition. Also, ESPN revealed dates for games on Opening Day. Awesome.

Cubs lost 13-14 against the Reds, though I'm happy they didn't trail around 8 runs in this game. Still have to improve their pitching though. 14 runs?

Users who are viewing this thread