What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Although the weather was bad in the rest of the country, we had dry weather at the Oostwold airshow. It was rather small, lots of gems could not come because of the weather, but I got to see (and hear) a mk.14 Spitfire and made some great pictures.

The small window air conditioner unit that's on my back porch by my modeling work bench hasn't worked for over 3 years. Turned it on yesterday on a whim and after humming for a few minutes, it suddenly started working again.

Had a great talk today from John Hartson (The John Hartson Foundation - Testicular Cancer Awareness and Support) at Uni as he came to talk about his journey through being diagnosed, treated and effectively cured of testicular cancer (you can possibly guess the case of the week for this week's teaching). Really inspiring to here his attitude and the support he received and his drive to ensure that everyone understands the risk associated with the condition and other cancers.

Finally home from camp after 7 nights of mind numbing boredom on the grader. With the frost coming out of the ground and the addition of a weeks worth of rain, the roads have turned to crap. The worst area is about a 1 kilometer strip just outside the pit with the mud being over a meter deep in places. The only thing that can be done is to go back and forth, ad nauseum, taking mud from one side to the other and then bringing it back, trying to fill the ruts.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

• Frog
Back