What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds great Buck. Wish my body would still let me get up in the wilds, it's one of only a very few things I miss since getting this stupid RA. That, and skiing...and flying...and...Oh what the h*ll, at least I'm still alive and (almost) kicking!
Have a great couple of days, and forget the fly, tickle those Trout!

Hopefully the ankles hold up. Been having troubles with the left one for over a year now, and now the right one has been acting up. Will just have to take it slow and easy.

Got proper connectivity back on the Internet! Can now start going through the entries for judging in the modelling GB.
Great to hear about your son Marcel - that 5 months has passed quickly!

Just got back from a trip to Austin...Dad's been in the hospital all week after complications from anti-cancer meds. Nearly died last week from kidney failure (not good when you only have one to begin with). Good news is the "nearly" part! He looks like crap, but he's still kickin and makin a slow comeback.

Survived my weekend in the wilds. Tent leaked, clothes got soaked, was a little colder that I would have liked, but was nice to get away for two days.
Managed to climb the highest and steepest bluff I could find to see if my two bad Achilles Tendons could handle it. Had to stop a couple times on the way, and was circled by Vultures as I neared the top (I'm sure they were thinking it's nearly dinner time), but I made it to the top. One fall up there and I probably wouldn't have stopped rolling until I either hit a tree or got to the bottom.
Legs feel like hell this morning, the Achilles got stretched out pretty good and I don't seem to be hobbling around as badly as I was last week.
Buzzards didn't get thier "dinner" either;) They sure were looking me over though;)

Did the final section of my final year thesis today. It was a presentation that went fine in addition to the written section and the poster both of which I was pleased with. Now to finish off this year with the exams and then party time.

I will try and sort out putting a copy of my thesis online for those who are interested in reading (OK at 21,000 words skimming is probably more accurate :evil4:). I'll make a thread when it is done.

Going to the Fest tonight, going drink a (or two...) nice 1 liter mug of fest beer.

Tomorrow I am going to see Metallica in Oberhausen, Germany. Best part of it, I am going to actually meet the band before hand at a meet and greet.

Despite the Kidney stone I managed to stop by the Udvar Hazy muesum at Dulles so my friend could see the Enola Gay (after waking up and thinking I was too sick to go) and the big surprise for me was the Black Widow sitting there (I hadn't been there since 2004 despite it being only ten miles away)
I wanted to see a Black Widow my whole life and that one's checked off the list (JU-88 is the top of the planes I haven't seen list now)
Also met author Robert F Dorr (Hell Hawks P-47 book) and enjoyed what I could see before we had to leave for my friends flight out.
Spent the ride home kicking my own butt over not going back sooner...I will be correcting that this summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back