What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was just invited to bowhunt on 144 Square Miles of land in North Western Minnesota. It's actually public land, but the guy that bowhunts it says he seldom sees another hunter during the archery season.

Just got my place confirmed for the camp site near Duxford Flying Legends this year. What I would spend on a hotel I put into Sally B's fund and as she is yet again a sick old lady and grounded (3rd powerplant failiure this time a siezed crank shaft mains bearing no1 engine) she needs every penny we can get.
Cant wait until Saturday week and seeing the warbirds flying, I can also catch up on the newly aquired Eurofighter static and the totally refurbished and painted F15 that has be returned to its rightful place outside the American Air Hanger.
all we need is the current heat wave to last and its going to be yet another super weekend.

Received 4 movies that I ordered last week - 2 for me, 2 for my parents.
I got "Battle Of Britain" - Special edition, and "The Eagle Has landed" - watched the first one last night, am looking forward to the other one this afternoon. :)

Getting ready for the 3 day 4th of July Weekend. No specific plans, everyone I know has skipped town already so I may just be on my own for 3 days. Unless I change my mind and meet up woth friends? Going to rent a Kayak/Canoe hybrid boat for a couple days if it's available and paddle some little streams, maybe try to catch a fish. Dig the bike out of the shed and get it tuned up. Couple longs hikes, shoot the Longbow, try to get some work done on the guitar I've been neglecting, and start refinishing an old rifle that was given to me by my Uncle. Also need to make up a form for gluing up a homemade Longbow if time permits?
All in all will be a busy weekend.

Perhaps you guys can help me I'm going to a barbaque on this Saturday 4th to say good bye to a freind who is emigrating to the states with his american bride the idea is to dress with an American theme what the hell can a fat limey do thats not another bloody cowboy outfit.
Anyone suggesting a bleeding Red indian in a loin cloth gets his lights punched out:)

You could dress as a Pimp or a Gangsta. How about a Bill Clinton costume you could hand out Cigars ;) OK, that was just wrong!!!

Last edited:
Never thought of the Americans as having a theme. :lol:
Dress casual, Blue jeans, colored T-shirt, and tennis shoes is normal for a BBQ to me.
For a fancy BBQ I wear a casual shirt with a collar nothing else changes.

No hat required but a baseball cap fits in fine with the T-shirt and blue jeans.
Have fun at the BBQ.

Wheels

Finding out that a 63-year old biker buddy of mine actually has got an Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk 1A (- or so I think it was...) sitting and waiting for him to paint and assemble.
And he's a total beginner in model building, so I'm offering him advice on how to go about it. :lol:
That is: He's a beginner, I'm a little more experienced, but not by much, so this is definitely going to be interesting. ;) :lol:

I now have a place to live! Plus my sister got married on Saturday. Only met my bother in law for the first time on Friday, but he seems nice enough

good on you NG
I just finished my last recert exam at work for a few months Im brain dead after 63 tests in 4 days but pleased its over only blew 5 but did a re-sit and passed so I'm quite happy with that.

NC: Good to hear - congrats. ;)
TE: No wonder you're mentally busted by now! Congrats with the exams, I hope you passed them well.

My positive experience today?
Buying my very first DLSR today, and getting to know it.
It's an Olympus E-420 with two lenses: 14-42 mm and a 40-150 mm, plus 4 gb card and the basic kit - strap, charger, battery, plus two UV filters to protect the lenses.
I love it already! :lol:

Nice buy BB! I very nearly bought the same camera, as I've used Olympus 35mm gear for years, which are superb quality. Went for a 'hybrid' in the end though, as my long-range and 'action' shots are very limited these days.

Not having been to Duxford or Chino I'm going to Geneseo tommorrow for what is my favorite airshow not a piece of concrete to be seen and they are calling for temp of 21c or 74f and no rain navy theme this year a few Corsairs, Wildcat, Hellcat, Sea Fury , a Canso not a Catalina, Avengers Helldiver along with a cast of the usuals B17 P51 p40 etc:D

Not having been to Duxford or Chino I'm going to Geneseo tommorrow for what is my favorite airshow not a piece of concrete to be seen and they are calling for temp of 21c or 74f and no rain navy theme this year a few Corsairs, Wildcat, Hellcat, Sea Fury , a Canso not a Catalina, Avengers Helldiver along with a cast of the usuals B17 P51 p40 etc:D
Yes, please show pictures.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back